Corsair 2500X

Soldato
Evening all, ive very interested in this case for myself, im trying to figure out if it has the ability to vertical mount a GPU without an additional bracket, I can make supports for the riser cable myself, it kind of looks like the PCI section of the back of the case can be removed and flipped ?

9WxFmhT.jpeg

Associate
From what I can see on YouTube there's a video of one with a vertically mounted GPU from nVidia but the image of that area is a very narrow shot. I would guess it's a swappable insert based on that but whether it's an optional extra or not is anyone's guess at this point.

Soldato
OP
From what I can see on YouTube there's a video of one with a vertically mounted GPU from nVidia but the image of that area is a very narrow shot. I would guess it's a swappable insert based on that but whether it's an optional extra or not is anyone's guess at this point.
Thanks, its released tomorrow so should know for sure then, I dont know why Corsair have got to be so secretive about everything, just list te full specs of it at CES when you're showing it off.

Soldato
OP
I'm thinking of getting the white one to replace my O11 Dynamic Mini
It looks nice

Ordered mine today, its coming tomorrow, unfortunately that piece on the back isnt rotatable, the vertical GPU mount is an optional accessory, its just not available anywhere yet, the wood panels are also a very pricey optional accessory, for what I paid for the case, i would expect some of the accessories to be included, like the cable tidy tray and maybe the vertical GPU mount without the cable, you can easily spend a further £200 on this case.

Associate
Ordered mine today, its coming tomorrow, unfortunately that piece on the back isnt rotatable, the vertical GPU mount is an optional accessory, its just not available anywhere yet, the wood panels are also a very pricey optional accessory, for what I paid for the case, i would expect some of the accessories to be included, like the cable tidy tray and maybe the vertical GPU mount without the cable, you can easily spend a further £200 on this case.

I agree. I think the vertical mount should have been included really

Rab

Rab

Associate
gonna be getting new case soon, really like the look of this 1. can't go all these rgb light's ones, way 2 old for that.

Soldato
OP
lve finished my build, its just leak testing the water cooling at the moment and for the rest of the night, i'll post the finished product picks tomorrow, it is a very nice case and easier to build in than my previous Lian Li 011 mini case, but I guess thats because of the bigger size and also the side fan / radiator mount is removable, I brought the cooler master V3 vertical GPU bracket from the rainforest for now until corsair release the proper one for this case, hopefully they'll do an option without the riser cable as I have more than enough I can use.

EDIT: everything I saw and read about this case said you can only get 2 x 140mm fans or 3 x 120mm fans in the bottom of this case, thats not true though, ive easily got 3 x 140mm fans in the bottom of my 2500X.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
thanks for info. very strange, length 479 and they said 2x140. it should fit even 420 radiator top/bottom. is it heavy?
yes it is quite a heavy case.....for a case.

and yes you probably could fit a 420mm in the top at a squeeze and probably couldnt be anymore than 30mm thick otherwise it would fowl on possible motherboard heatsinks, this is a 360mm magicool xflow, the ports are right on the end so need extra length to get the fittings in:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So my vertical GPU bracket from corsair arrived, and what I realized was the EK 140mm fans I have no longer fit, but this is due to the 27mm thickness of the fans, so for now ive had to remove them, ive ordered some 25mm thick 140mm fans which should be here tomorrow and without the extra long cable stand-offs supplied with the bracket, they should fit perfectly and the base of the cable should sit on top of the fans fine too, for obvious reasons ive had to buy normal fans that will be used as pull rather than reverse air flow fans otherwise the riser card will be sitting on the rotating blades, im also going to sort the cabling out and make the radiator on the side push / pull now I have the extra space to play with.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think recent (5 years) case designs are getting boring, they are all starting to look like the lian li 011

Back
Top Bottom