** Corsair Hydro H110i GT Recall **

Soldato
Quote from your first post on this thread.

To me "no failures of units during operation" is saying none of these recalled coolers have leaked when tested. If none have failed and some had frozen (reason for recall), then the logical conclusion is the freezing did not cause any leaks.

As for your dealing with leaks. Your website says and I quote it exactly as it is written there:

You even use all in capital letters to say you take no responsibility for any damage unless there are laws making you do so.

I much prefer a company that take responsibility for product problems without the law having to make them do it.

In addition to what you have noted I also read this over at Corsair...

No Other Warranties

No Corsair employee, dealer, or other agent is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty

Still with what I feel is a little ambiguity over any leakage, and for other reasons, I'm enjoying my Cryorig R1 Ultimate Air Cooler, thanks for your help BTW doyll at the other forum.

Associate
Doyll - Sorry man, but I'm a little lost on what you are trying to say here. We made a bold move to make that recall in which in a "channel" recall, meaning early stage of being wide distributed. In a nutshell, we saw a failure, we called it back and committed to fix the problem before it becomes available worldwide... Is there anything wrong with that? because I truly believe that it is our responsibility to correct our own mistake. Seems like something is still not clear despite that we have already laid out all the information available to us.

As for isolated leak claims, we do have a damage claim process in place to handle those type of situation.

Soldato
Doyll - Sorry man, but I'm a little lost on what you are trying to say here. We made a bold move to make that recall in which in a "channel" recall, meaning early stage of being wide distributed. In a nutshell, we saw a failure, we called it back and committed to fix the problem before it becomes available worldwide... Is there anything wrong with that? because I truly believe that it is our responsibility to correct our own mistake. Seems like something is still not clear despite that we have already laid out all the information available to us.

As for isolated leak claims, we do have a damage claim process in place to handle those type of situation.

The recall is fine. But is it only the potential for freezing or is there something more serious wrong? That is what I wonder.

I find it interesting you make a statement, I comment on it, you claim to have made no such statement, I quote it in it's entirety and explain my understanding of it, then you ignore it and go on about your "channel" recall. I assume you have many distribution channels from manufacture to dealer, not just one, and this recall is on two continents and markets. This leads me to believe it's more than just on channel. What channel has the H110i GT been released through that has not been recalled?

Your statement"As for isolated leak claims, we do have a damage claim process in place to handle those type of situation." means little. Of course you do. Consumer laws in many countries hold you responsible. You have to have some way of dealing with problem sales in those countries.

But Why does your warranty go to such length to make it extremely clear you take no responsibilty for your products unless you are forced to by law?

Associate
Sorry doyll, but that's all there is to it, there is NOTHING more serious about it other than we saw a potential issue with the cooler and it is our job to correct it, hence the recall - I can't get any simpler than that. Not sure what kind of information you are really fishing for other than the details we have already stated, which I thought was comprehensive enough to inform the public. Once we have solid data that the issue has been rectified, we will then resume shipment.

Yes, we do have tons distribution channels and ALL of them have been notified about this issue, and it is the sole reason why we've stopped all shipment and called them back for root cause analysis.

"As for isolated leak claims, we do have a damage claim process in place to handle those type of situation." - It means a lot to many, because it shows that we will take care of you if such thing happens.

Soldato
I'm not fishing for anything. Just trying to understand exactly what is happening and why.

But your evasion of giving clear simple answers to my direct questions does make me wonder.

I asked
" What channel has the H110i GT been released through that has not been recalled?"

No answer.

I asked
"But Why does your warranty go to such length to make it extremely clear you take no responsibilty for your products unless you are forced to by law?"

No answer.

As "ALL of them have been notified" and you have "stopped all shipments" .. exactly how many channels do you have and how many channels have been recalled? Or have all H110i GT coolers recalled?

To me (and many others) your publish warranty makes it very clear you are only supporting customers with problems because the law in their respective countries require you to, not doing it because you value good customer support like many other companies. But you are not alone. There are also many companies just like you. :D

I test and review many computer products for many different companies. I have two of your TX v2 power supplies with your "An ultra-quiet, 140mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow with exceptionally low noise levels by varying fan speed in response to temperature" that are so loud at idle they can be heard more than 2 meters away facing down on a carpeted floor. I never bothered to RMA them because those who did had to pay post and wait for replacements that did the exact same thing .. but they were never recalled to fix the issue. Finally after about a year the fan rpm profile was changed so fan didn't run when system was at idle. This probably has a great deal to do with why I am skeptical about this recall and your my feelings that you do not give customers the support you should.

Last edited:
Associate
But your evasion of giving clear simple answers to my direct questions does make me wonder.

I asked
" What channel has the H110i GT been released through that has not been recalled?"

No answer.

ALL distribution channels in all regions have been recalled.. US, EU, APAC. If you are asking for the actual name of the distributor, I wouldn't know the names, because I don't work in channel marketing, sorry.

I asked
"But Why does your warranty go to such length to make it extremely clear you take no responsibilty for your products unless you are forced to by law?"

No answer.

Because not all damage claims falls under the same category, they are all treated on a case to case basis. Until it's proven through our "Damage Claim Process" that it is our component's fault, our default position is to assume that our product is working as intended. You're a reviewer, I'm sure that we both know that this is pretty standard within the industry. Like any other company, this is one way of protecting ourselves from being taken advantage of.

As "ALL of them have been notified" and you have "stopped all shipments" .. exactly how many channels do you have and how many channels have been recalled? Or have all H110i GT coolers recalled?

Answered above ;)

I test and review many computer products for many different companies. I have two of your TX v2 power supplies with your "An ultra-quiet, 140mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow with exceptionally low noise levels by varying fan speed in response to temperature" that are so loud at idle they can be heard more than 2 meters away facing down on a carpeted floor. I never bothered to RMA them because those who did had to pay post and wait for replacements that did the exact same thing .. but they were never recalled to fix the issue. Finally after about a year the fan rpm profile was changed so fan didn't run when system was at idle. This probably has a great deal to do with why I am skeptical about this recall and your my feelings that you do not give customers the support you should.

Sorry for the OT:

You should have RMA'ed the unit if you felt that the noise level was too high.

Soldato
ALL distribution channels in all regions have been recalled.. US, EU, APAC. If you are asking for the actual name of the distributor, I wouldn't know the names, because I don't work in channel marketing, sorry.
So now we find out it is not just "a channel recall," as first post says, but a general recall of all H110i GT coolers.

This is why I keep asking questions .. because more information bring more knowledge .. and what at first presented as a small issue is now a recall of all H110i GT coolers from all distributors in the world.

Because not all damage claims falls under the same category, they are all treated on a case to case basis. Until it's proven through our "Damage Claim Process" that it is our component's fault, our default position is to assume that our product is working as intended. You're a reviewer, I'm sure that we both know that this is pretty standard within the industry. Like any other company, this is one way of protecting ourselves from being taken advantage of.
Yes, I understand the need for a "Damage Claim Process", and yes it is normal to have such a process. But that was not the question.

I asked
"Why does your warranty go to such length to make it extremely clear you take no responsibility for your products unless you are forced to by law?"

Most companies state what the limitations of responsibility are rather than taking no responsibility unless forced to by law. Something like this:
Xxxxxx reserves the right to demand appropriate confirmation of the issue pointed out by the customer such as through photos provided by the customer.Xxxxxx further reserves the right to demand sending the product to Noctua for inspection. In this case, the shipping costs will have to be covered by the customer and will be refunded later if the issue is confirmed and the warranty request is accepted. In this case,[Xxxxxx will send a replacement free of charge

You should have RMA'ed the unit if you felt that the noise level was too high.
They are still under warranty. And now that you have rectified the problem I would like very much to RMA them .. if you will admit the TX ver. 2 did not have "ultra-quiet" fans and send me replacements with return postage for mine. Otherwise I would have two system out of commission waiting for your replacements to arrive. I will even give you credit card data so if I do not return the ones with noisy fans you can charge me for the replacements.

I'm willing to give Corsair another chance to redeem themselves. To me your being here on forum and continuing to discuss this is a big step forward. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I asked
"Why does your warranty go to such length to make it extremely clear you take no responsibility for your products unless you are forced to by law?"

If you really want to know the very detail of our warranty, may I suggest this; http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=146? I think its only appropriate to go over this matter where it is mainly discussed. I hope that's cool with you.

They are still under warranty. And now that you have rectified the problem I would like very much to RMA them .. if you will admit the TX ver. 2 did not have "ultra-quiet" fans and send me replacements with return postage for mine. Otherwise I would have two system out of commission waiting for your replacements to arrive. I will even give you credit card data so if I do not return the ones with noisy fans you can charge me for the replacements.

I'm willing to give Corsair another chance to redeem themselves. To me your being here on forum and continuing to discuss this is a big step forward. :D

I must have missed it, because I'm not aware that our TX V2 had some noise issue that required correction. Not quite sure what to admit there. Was there like an official statement from us that expounded the issue?

I have offered my assistance to countless Corsair and non-Corsair customers in many occasion from one community forum to another including OcuK and you are no exception, we'll make sure that we get those units replaced via Express RMA because I understand how dreadful it is not having working system.

I truly believe that we never took a step back when providing support to our customers.. One of the reasons why I am here in these forums, to make sure that our after sales support is on top of their game :)

Soldato
It's definitely a known problem, so either you weren't with Corsair at that time or have a hearing problem :D Trust message with links to issue.

Caporegime
I know it's subjective, but how quiet or loud does it get when it ramps up?

I have it set to 500rpm ish (very quiet) on idle then go upto roughly 2000rpm at the extreme. Never really gets there tbh, about 1800ish is the max I've seen on my custom profile :)

But yes, the fans get get pretty loud!! But they are high-performance ones so I'd expect so

Back
Top Bottom