Corsair Releases the Carbide SPEC-ALPHA Mid-Tower ATX Case

Soldato
Great design. :cool:

5wOgFg5.jpg

Corsair, a world leader in enthusiast PC hardware and components, today announced the immediate availability of the Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA mid-tower gaming case. With a large side panel window and bold angular styling, the SPEC-ALPHA offers sharp looks in black/grey, red/white or the previously un-announced black/red to complement its efficient cooling. Packed with features to make your next gaming PC build better, the SPEC-ALPHA boasts three 120 mm fans for Direct Airflow Path cooling, a three-speed fan control and the ability to house a variety of high-end PC hardware.

With its modern, angular appearance, the SPEC-ALPHA really stands out in a crowd. There's plenty of modern features inside too, with native USB 3.0 support, room for up to four SSDs, and a three-speed fan controller for the three included 120 mm fans, allowing users to set their own cooling sweet spot. A large window shows off your internal components and the Direct Airflow Path layout, which provides superior cooling by getting rid of unnecessary drive bays. SPEC-ALPHA is also able to accommodate a front mounted 240 mm radiator compatible, allowing for additional liquid-cooling upgrades.

Soldato
I see what's happened here... they moved the guy who designed that tramp stamp logo to the case design department. Big mistake. :(

Soldato
Tough audience to please, lol.

I came across this case for a low-mid priced build and wanted something different from the norm. I felt no need for drive bays and decided against a micro based case opting for one that offered good cooling options.

For the price I find it hard to fault and yes the build quality is as expected but certainly not bad neither.
Added my own "geek" factor to it and matching slim USB DVD but honestly not sure what all the fuss is.

I like its bold and stealthy angles.

EmHBAVwl.jpg.png

Z2xcE1sl.jpg.png

fkqAQnel.jpg.png

0TLQu1Ul.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Tough crowd.

Not my favourite case but I think it looks pretty good and I like what you did with it.

Can't see much of the side but I don't like the look of the raised edge on the panel and would like a larger window.

OcUK Staff
I think they look terrible, but I'm sure they will sell well, available for pre-order on our website if anyone wants one, although there are much better Corsair cases available.

Soldato
I think they look terrible, although there are much better Corsair cases available.

In my humble opinion they still haven't bettered the 450D & 750D cases, which is annoying because every time I think about changing my 450D, realising just how good it is makes me think whats the point, so I just stick with it.

Have a word with Corsair will you, they're missing a trick by not bringing out different colour variants of the 450D, a nice gun metal grey version would be an instant purchase for me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
P.S. Mr Latte, some nice poop polishing.

For me it fits well with its intention to go with a racing cockpit. Its angular, striking and bold looks wont be for everyone indeed. As previously stated I wanted something that was different and it kind of reminds me on the Titanic building in Belfast.

Clearly since this case was shown/announced people have been very vocal on their opinions of it, not just here but also on other forums too.

Suppose if I wanted to follow suit and buy one of the most purchased/models that many others do I could have but I am more than happy with my purchase regardless of other peoples opinions. I think Corsair have this in the market for people that perhaps do want something different from a rectangular box. Or don't freak out over not having rubber grommets. Perhaps it was never going or meant to be like some of their other very popular or robust designs that yes I agree are more suited to system builders. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
If I told you everything was brilliant then I wouldn't be doing my job properly :) I'm sure to some people, this case will be ideal for them, so we'll have them in stock for that eventuality. Doesn't mean I have to like it ;)

Associate
sorry to do holy necro, but who has got this case?

how are they finding it? feeling that case itch coming on and this looks like it will meet my red/black but compact requirement

Back
Top Bottom