cotswoldcameras

Associate
Anyone ever used this shop to purchase a lens? I was told in email that

They come in standard retail packaging along with the usual accessories and a 3 year warranty on cameras and lenses, all warranty work is carried out in the UK.

I am looking to purchase a lens but it's a grey import, though it would be saving me £260 for the lens I am after which is the Sony E 15mm F/1.4 G.

I was also looking at the Sony FE 14mm F/1.8 GM but is it worth the extra £400 over the 15mm F/1.4 G?

These will be used on my a6400.

Soldato
The FE G master lens you mention is for full frame cameras. Of course you can still mount it on a crop sensor camera, but you're going to be overpaying unless you're thinking of moving to FF down the line.

I've seen them about but never purchased from them, check online reviews and trust pilot. :)

Soldato
They are probably a Grey Importer:
3. Are these 'imports'?
In short, yes they are. Manufacturers want to fix their prices within an area so as to maximise their profits and they know that as European customers we will pay more for goods. We pay more than Asia and the US for identical items. All cameras are imported into the UK, whether it is by us or Canon and Nikon UK. They are all made at the same factories and work in exactly the same way. The only difference is that we provide the warranty on our models. Sometimes our cameras may be provided with an adaptor for the battery charger and a photocopied manual but apart from these differences they are the same. It is up to you to decide if you would prefer the significant savings or not.

4. Are your cameras eligible for cashback promotions?
Our models are not eligible for cashback promotions. Even taking cashback promotions into account, we offer very competitive prices.

5. Where do Cotswold Cameras deliver to?
We deliver to the UK and most EU countries.
Orders are currently being sent from our warehouse abroad. You will never be charged any additional taxes if you are a UK or EU customer.

6. Will I be charged import charges, VAT or any other fees?
No, If you are a UK customer then your order will usually be sent from our UK offices in Cheltenham or Coventry.

Our prices are the final cost to you. Even if items are sent directly from our HK warehouse you will not be billed for any additional charges. Existing customers may remember that previously they might have received an invoice from the courier. This will no longer ever happen as we have changed how we do things to ensure a smoother and easier transaction for our customers.

Only one employee in the UK:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think the whole lineup of G lenses are meant to be very good, so it's a good choice! :)
I have the 70-350 which is a great G lens.

Just ordered the 15mm F/1.4 G with the money saved I can now grab a ND filter I only want the filter to protect the lens but I have also read somewhere that I will need a step up ring for this lens? but no idea what size I would need.

Associate
Have you compared price to e-infinity?

Wouldn't touch e-infinity with a bargepole. My package presumably got stopped by customs and never showed up. Customer service gave me the runaround for a month saying they'd opened a dispute with the courier at this end (who never received the package). Ended up doing a charge back.

Reactions: LiE
Associate
OP
Well I'm on my 6th day after ordering and my order is still processing I was told

We are now processing your order for packaging. We will update you with tracking information in 4-7 days time. Please note that we are currently shipping orders in from our warehouse and we will update you with tracking information a couple of days before items arrive with us. Therefore the tracking information that we provide will not update on the courier's website for a few days after we send it to you. Once it does update then delivery is usually within 24-48 hours.

Will give it until Thursday and if it's still processing I will email them see what's going on.

Associate
OP
Mine took a bit longer than expected but I did order it just before the Easter weekend. Only other issue I had was the security tab had been broken but when I asked David about this he just said the boxes may be opened to check contents before delivery.

The lens is immaculate so I have no worries elsewhere, would definitely use them again.

Back
Top Bottom