COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Commissario
I haven't seen him make claims to be an expert. Where did you see those claims?
Well for a start you claimed he was a Doctor. "Doctor Robert Campbell".

Doctor John Campbell has done an analysis of this report. Will be of interest to those suffering the effects of long covid.

Now unless I'm mistaken he's not a Doctor, even if he may have a nursing doctorate which is a very different thing, normally in the medical profession you are only ever referred to as a Doctor if that is your actual qualification, something to do with actual medical professionals who wish to be taken seriously not wanting to mislead the public, or other professionals.

Man of Honour

Now unless I'm mistaken he's not a Doctor, even if he may have a nursing doctorate which is a very different thing, normally in the medical profession you are only ever referred to as a Doctor if that is your actual qualification, something to do with actual medical professionals who wish to be taken seriously not wanting to mislead the public, or other professionals.
He has a PhD and therefore is a doctor, whether he's allowed people to believe he's a medical doctor and not corrected them is a different matter.

Associate

I made no such claim. He goes by the YT name Dr John Campbell and as i was linking to a vid of his about long covid i referred to him by his YT handle. I don't know who Doctor Robert Campbell is though:confused:

You however made the claim that Dr John has declared himself an expert. He can call himself Dr Who for all i care.

Commissario
He has a PhD and therefore is a doctor, whether he's allowed people to believe he's a medical doctor and not corrected them is a different matter.
Aye, a couple of my friends have PHD's and they're always extremely clear when talking to anyone who doesn't know what they do that "No, not that type" or "Not a medical one".
Normally they only use the title in their professional stuff, so it becomes pretty obvious from the other letters after their names it's not an MD etc.

Commissario
I made no such claim. He goes by the YT name Dr John Campbell and as i was linking to a vid of his about long covid i referred to him by his YT handle. I don't know who Doctor Robert Campbell is though:confused:

You however made the claim that Dr John has declared himself an expert. He can call himself Dr Who for all i care.
And you don't think having a Nurse with a medical channel using the name Dr John Campbell" is at all confusing?

Associate
And you don't think having a Nurse with a medical channel using the name Dr John Campbell" is at all confusing?
Personally no. I can't speak for others but it really isn't confusing.

I wouldn't seek medical advice from a Dr John on Youtube anymore than i'd ask for it from from Dr Jill Biden.

Soldato
I'm neutral on Campbell. He brings interest to the covid subject when many in the mainstream don't.

There seems to be an effort to sweep covid and long covid under the carpet these days.
It’s old news, the sad thing is for the most part we have learn’t nothing from it and will no doubt be even worse prepared for the inevitable next pandemic!

Man of Honour

A PhD is a real doctor (i.e. has had to contribute to learning, advancement of knowledge, done a thesis etc ..). ;)

A medical professional or Medical Doctor doesn't necessarily make you any more of an expert on viruses and vaccines etc... you can become a medical professional after a few years in university, it's not really the same.

A lot of the MDs that are experts do have a PhD as well though or work specifically in research which is a little different.

Now is John Campbell an expert? No idea. Is he credible? Who knows? but probably more so that most of us in this thread!

Should you listen to him blindly? No. Just like all the guesswork going on you have to get as much info and make best decision based on what you've read/hear and what makes sense to you.

There is no definitive answer at the moment. Every time a paper is published another contradicts it etc....

Just use him as a source of information to either challenge your beliefs or add a broader perspective. If you disagree , fine, but he's not making wild claims from what I've seen. Just interprets data and gives his opinion.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

CONCLUSIONS
We found a significant association between respiratory infections, especially influenza, and acute myocardial infarction. (Funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and others.)

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I've not personally known of a case of it with any of the "flu" and actual flu epidemics which have gone around over the years, whereas with Delta I know of around a dozen people who've had complications like that, mostly temporary but a few as mentioned with longer term complications - one had 2 heart attacks and still has to tote around a medical bag and it was medically linked to COVID, another is in a wheelchair due to the impact of COVID on their heart although their health generally wasn't great prior to COVID in that case. Omicron/newer variants doesn't seem to be having the same effect but unsure if that is a change in the virus or because of vaccines and/or acquired immunity from infections, etc.

Man of Honour
You should watch some of Doctor John Campbell's stuff, broaden your horizons maybe. Only a fool would rely on only one source of info. Or i suppose you could stay in your nice safe place being all nice and comfy:cry:

I stayed in a nice warm comfy hospital working in a legal department taking scores of phone calls from crying staff and relatives.
I was daily sending Solicitors out to wards to witness patients at the end of life reciting their wills AND STILL DOING IT NOW WITH COVID.
I also had to do 2 days on a Covid Ward dressed in full PPE because we had that many staff off with a pretend made up virus while you sat in your safe place being all nice and comfy.
I have absolutely zero time for quacks like John Campbell when I personally witnessed it and had regular updates/meetings with our own Infection Control Clinicians.
People like you need to grow up.
It's quite funny you tried to have a go at the one person who has dealt with Covid in a professional manner in a hospital and is still doing so :)
Obviously you will think I'm being paid.

Last edited:
Associate
You should watch some of Doctor John Campbell's stuff, broaden your horizons maybe. Only a fool would rely on only one source of info. Or i suppose you could stay in your nice safe place being all nice and comfy:cry:

No, you should STOP watching "Retired NURSE" John Campbell's stuff, as he's a damn grifter and a liar.

He has 0 knowledge or training in immunology, virology or any of the other disciplines needed for his "opinion" to carry any weight at all.

You are, in essence, choosing to listen a man who has been proven time and time again to not possess the required training or knowledge to make the claims he does.

Man of Honour
This happened last Thursday but only felt compelled to post it now after Maschio.

I was at a house where there was quite a few of us, there was my Niece who has been a Covid Ward Nurse since it started, she does nip in and out of jobs, there's me who has been dealing with Staff and Relatives concerning Covid amongst other things and a lady who very quickly lost two friends to Covid, about 3 days from catching it to dying.
There was another bloke who I don't see very often but he used to be my best friend for many years until he moved away.
Something was said about Covid and he tore into the conversation shouting how it was all false and so on.
His daughter in law (the Nurse) then spoke up but he called her a liar and then eventually me and the other woman.
It ended up where the woman said he was never to turn up at her house again and me and his daughter in law walked out taking our partners.
He used to be opinionated but this was another level of ignorance.
He did end up in hospital for a week during 2021 and said the staff told him lies that it was Covid and all he'd got was a very bad cold :)
He then said "Well if it was really Covid I didn't have it that bad" so I said "I was in a car crash once and didn't die", he didn't get the analogy.
It's a shame to see him go from my friendship list.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was long covid awareness day a couple of days ago, so people were posting their stories. I decided to post mine and immediately people were asking did I have the vaccine. This is from the same people who complained about being asked about their vaccine status now trying make people talk about their vaccine status.

Most of them give covid itself a total pass. They don't seem to even think about the bat story.

The covid problem is the spike protein. Some of the anti vaxxers seem to think the spike protein is only in the vaccine.

I've always questioned everything in my life. I questioned covid when it first appeared, and thought the public were being manipulated by the government to trigger lockdown and a form of martial law.

But I quickly realised that 2 things can be possible at the same time. The government could be using political manipulation AND the virus is as bad as what was being said.

But sadly, as someone I know said "the normies" have invaded the space and still aren't questioning anything. They have gone from believing everything the government says to disbelieving everything the government says.

They end up falling for actual political manipulation like when that report came out attacking long covid on long covid awareness day. The authors put an embargo on the report till that day, even though the report hasn't been checked. The anti vaxxers jumped on and promoted it to discredit covid.

Man of Honour
Seems we've got COVID going around one of the departments at work the last few days but they've been keeping quiet about it, 2-3 people tested positive, because aside from aches and light hay fever like symptoms for a couple of days no one is really ill with it or needed time off - been trying to keep away from people none the less today though.

No, you should STOP watching "Retired NURSE" John Campbell's stuff, as he's a damn grifter and a liar.

He has 0 knowledge or training in immunology, virology or any of the other disciplines needed for his "opinion" to carry any weight at all.

You are, in essence, choosing to listen a man who has been proven time and time again to not possess the required training or knowledge to make the claims he does.

First few months of the pandemic he was actually coming out with some good stuff and was right on a few things ahead of the curve, but after that he seems to have jumped fully on the grifter bandwagon playing to his audience - in some ways can't blame him as he must have made serious bank from his YT channel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom