• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU Mark benchmark

Soldato
My 2600k @ 4.7 scored 7825 for the CPU overall.

The really odd thing is that both CPuz and CoreTemp showed the CPU was under almost no load during the whole test and only flicked from 1.6GHz to 4.7GHz for a split second during the "Finding prime numbers" bit. Does this test actually put the CPU under any pressure or have modern CPUs simply got so much grunt that they can handle this benchmark with one hand tied behind their backs?

Associate
My 2600k @ 4.7 scored 7825 for the CPU overall.

The really odd thing is that both CPuz and CoreTemp showed the CPU was under almost no load during the whole test and only flicked from 1.6GHz to 4.7GHz for a split second during the "Finding prime numbers" bit. Does this test actually put the CPU under any pressure or have modern CPUs simply got so much grunt that they can handle this benchmark with one hand tied behind their backs?

That is odd, if this benchmark can take advantage of 8 threads, you should be getting a higher score than me. I find Cinebench to be more reliable, it can utilise up to 32 threads I believe.

Soldato
That is odd, if this benchmark can take advantage of 8 threads, you should be getting a higher score than me. I find Cinebench to be more reliable, it can utilise up to 32 threads I believe.

Agreed something odd is going on as Task Manager shows all 8 threads being used (but only 100% for a small portion of a section, then back to under 10%). I think I'm just going to file this benchmark with Windows Experience Index in the "unreliable" bin! :)

Just ran CPU on Cinebench 11.5 and got 9.13, which is pretty consistent with the benchmark for a stock 2600k (8.97).

Associate
Agreed something odd is going on as Task Manager shows all 8 threads being used (but only 100% for a small portion of a section, then back to under 10%). I think I'm just going to file this benchmark with Windows Experience Index in the "unreliable" bin! :)

Just ran CPU on Cinebench 11.5 and got 9.13, which is pretty consistent with the benchmark for a stock 2600k (8.97).

I'm guessing that score was at 4.6 GHz? Because a stock 2600k would get a score of around 7.
I would certainly leave it in the unreliable bin as you say, on the Passmark site, it says a GTX 470 is faster than a 590 and a 6990. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Last edited:
Associate
At stock it gets 13490.7. The Memory Mark result is quite interesting; the laptop (a Dell Latitude E6520) scored 2567.5, the 3960x desktop scored 7182.9.

Stock Cinebench score on the 3960x is 9.83, just to give you a rough comparison.

Thanks, I always prefer to get numbers from people on here since they tend to be more reliable than most other places (you get people saying they're benching scores of 9+ on a 2500k etc.)
Hmm, my memory score was only 2723.1, which doesn't sound right at all, it's barely more than your laptop (not saying your laptop is bad, but I would have thought it would be getting more than that). 3D graphics score was 3217.4 and disk mark was 808.5. This benchmark doesn't sound very reliable at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom