Creative x fi titanium fatal1ty conversion

Associate
Hi all,
I have a creative x fi titanium fatal1ty sound card, I have it working in Windows 11, but using my available pci port it sits directly under my GPU.
I am looking for a way to convert it to a USB, is there a cable to convert it please.

Soldato
If there is a cable to convert a pci-e card to USB I would be amazed, but an pci-e x4 riser cable may work. There still has to be enough clearance under the gpu to fit the riser cable into though. You will have to goggle it and guesstimate if they would fit.

Associate
OP
Yeah I already have a cable, the card actually fits in under the gpu, I just feel it probably restricts the airflow into the gpu.
The ribbon cable came with 2 lengths, I will see if the longest one is long enough to be able to get to the card outside the case.
Thanks.

Man of Honour
Only other roundabout way to do it would be PCI-e (enclosure or adapter) over Thunderbolt 3 or 4 or USB4 if your motherboard supported it, which mostly is only recent higher end boards. Not a very cost effective way either.

Last edited:
Soldato
PCI or PCIE?

If it’s the latter then maybe one of those mining adapter things would let you relocate the card. Securing it in case might be fun.

Back
Top Bottom