CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
Is there a setting I can change to stop goofy hit reg client side, or is it just server sided? Its annoying shooting people and not getting the damage. For example I shot this guy with an AWP, can see the mark on him but he's still 100-100:(
Its the servers, they are better after the last update but still need a ton of work.... They really need to sort it out because its getting a bit silly now.

Soldato
Is there a setting I can change to stop goofy hit reg client side, or is it just server sided? Its annoying shooting people and not getting the damage. For example I shot this guy with an AWP, can see the mark on him but he's still 100-100:(
9CBA7FF27225566955AC1595E3C032D62F12158C

welcome to CS:GO

Soldato
Just managed to get promoted, but other team had no ranks :confused: but early on I won in a match with everyone 3 stars so maybe that soldified it
All I noticed was they loved their awps, wouldnt have guessed especially higher rank
732B88CE17424D1A624082CA77A7C80D39C48B90
Does it say when you get demoted, cant remember. I believe a surrender might be very bad for rank, not sure

Last edited:
Soldato
Just managed to get promoted, but other team had no ranks :confused: but early on I won in a match with everyone 3 stars so maybe that soldified it
All I noticed was they loved their awps, wouldnt have guessed especially higher rank
732B88CE17424D1A624082CA77A7C80D39C48B90
Does it say when you get demoted, cant remember. I believe a surrender might be very bad for rank, not sure

Once you get stuck at a certain rank it is quite hard to move up because obviously it is a team game so unless you are some uber leet who kills the whole team every round then it depends on your teammates, even at master guardian rank which I am stcuk at the moment, you still get people who have good aim but completely suck at teamwork so it is annoying, I got up to legendary eagle master once but that did not last long lol. Anyone got higher than that? There is also a lot of cheats at higher ranks :(

Soldato
I cringe when watching my fellow silverites far too often, unfortunately I make the same mistakes and poor aim

First game ever of csgo comp, in a round I killed 5 ct and we won, not that long after I got kicked for making a silly mistake. Kick seems to match a loss maybe as I was demoted last night even though we were clearly and close to winning. Being last to die is not good for avoiding a kick, Ive had that in bf2 where the squad gets wiped out they blame the one who lives

E46E6C7F8186CD9E706CBE92ED1B77154CD53CC4
These guys were seriously mismatched to me, they were shooting through office walls based on my footsteps. Ok its possible but they did like it was normal to know where people were.
Contrast that to silver rank, I have to type in left or right for people, their stereo doesnt even work nevermind the echo location these guys operate like a scene off predator
Top gun poor guy is 11 ranks above me, protests he was missing a full team, I did win 1 round for them :o
DFC341A2B323A8F89911B9853546B7ED1D7BB385

edit: 3rd tie in a row, we were both equally awful
DCD88B48EA2B33B0FE7D6AD33EA3E057523A45E7
more normal

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, that seems incredibly mismatched. Even with Gold Nova 1s you are incredibly mismatched. I mean, I see my performances as a Silver and now that I became a Gold Nova and I see the differences. Even the amount of 5/4/3 kill rounds is different. I get much more now.

Associate
Yeah, that first match is a bizarre match-up.

I'm guessing there were 1 or 2 paired groups. Also playing maps like Office will seriously cut down the pool of queued players (since it is unpopular), further upping the likelihood of wide mismatches. Maybe stick to d2/inferno/nuke/train/mirage for a bit.

Soldato
4 stars is an excellent start.
I remember awp was a lot harder in 1.6 then this version of cs go. I got one complaint that'd probably help me or other slower reflex people, full FF. I wish that was an option, I'd want that but I'm glad its included some FF as that was my main reason for never going back from css.
1 tiny trick because of this is you can walk (run even) through friendly molotov, sometimes its a surprise to enemies and worth the damage

I got 3 ties in a row, 2 wins, 2 surrenders (to us)and a kick, for my old rank back.

Not sure how much surrender counts for, was like 8 mins each

Last edited:
Associate
Ever feel like you're getting worse? My aim was considerably better this time last week. Been watching replays to confirm this isn't just in my head and it's not.

Don't know what's going on. Always the same, I come back to CS do really well for a little while then my aim just goes to ****. Ugh.

Soldato
So tempted to bet on Fnatic vs LDLC on CS:GO Lounge. To actually get good odds, I need to bet my best things, since I have trash -.-'

AUG Anodized Navy (Factory New)
SSG 553 Anodized Navy (Factory New)
Sawed-Off Fullstop (Field-Tested)
M4A1-S Blood Tiger (Minimal Wear)

These will give me a value of 1.82. The return is 1.77 if I bet on Fnatic.

But those are my nicest guns :o:o

Back
Top Bottom