CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
Cheers. :D
Getting used to the radar for now, takes me a couple of seconds to work out where I am for now. I'll get used to it, I've often thought not being able to see more map on radar a bit of a guessing game sometimes.

Solid game. Like the guy on the other side said at 14-15 or whatever, "gg and I don't care who wins it now." Something like that anyway.

Will be on for a game or few hopefully soon.

Yep, the radar provides great info!

Guys, here are my thoughts on the OCUK CS:GO community match.

We set a date, and we get 10 players to confirm. We get our own server (maybe someone has a server, or we use one of those free rent server things) and we use the TS OCUK room for comms. I will divide these 10 people in two groups of 5 and we play a best of 3. I will divide them using their MM ranking, and I will try and take into account the hours/experience each player has.

The thing will be somewhat like the LAN games. I will assign a team leader, and each team will be responsible for two things; his players and the veto system. He needs to make sure that all his players are on the server and in the right comms room. We will have a veto system a day (?) before the game (drop - drop - pick - pick - drop - drop) so we decide the maps. It is up to the team leader to speak to his team on which maps his team likes/dislikes etc. At first it may be trivial, but in the future you might notice that some players are better on certain maps so you might want to ban it out. Or maybe, three players on your team have been playing a lot together, and they have some good strats/rushes, so you definitely want to play the map.

I know it is a somewhat elaborate system, but I think it adds to the fun of the game. Like this, we will make sure that we have a decent and close game. Dividing players randomly might mean we have a very one sided/boring game.

After the BO3, we can just play fun games, but I think a 'serious' BO3 will make the games much more fun. If we get a lot of interest in the future, we can make a small tournament type game, split on a number of days (play the 'semi final' on one day, and the 'final' on another day). But I think our community is still quite small for this.

I don't know. As I said, we can just play random games (hop on when you want and stuff) but this will make it more competitive and stuff. Kinda like the OCuK vs Hexus game. it was fun, yet competitive, because you actually had a reason to win :D

If there is enough interest, I might create a thread just for these events.

Soldato
Yep, the radar provides great info!

Guys, here are my thoughts on the OCUK CS:GO community match.

We set a date, and we get 10 players to confirm. We get our own server (maybe someone has a server, or we use one of those free rent server things) and we use the TS OCUK room for comms. I will divide these 10 people in two groups of 5 and we play a best of 3. I will divide them using their MM ranking, and I will try and take into account the hours/experience each player has.

The thing will be somewhat like the LAN games. I will assign a team leader, and each team will be responsible for two things; his players and the veto system. He needs to make sure that all his players are on the server and in the right comms room. We will have a veto system a day (?) before the game (drop - drop - pick - pick - drop - drop) so we decide the maps. It is up to the team leader to speak to his team on which maps his team likes/dislikes etc. At first it may be trivial, but in the future you might notice that some players are better on certain maps so you might want to ban it out. Or maybe, three players on your team have been playing a lot together, and they have some good strats/rushes, so you definitely want to play the map.

I know it is a somewhat elaborate system, but I think it adds to the fun of the game. Like this, we will make sure that we have a decent and close game. Dividing players randomly might mean we have a very one sided/boring game.

After the BO3, we can just play fun games, but I think a 'serious' BO3 will make the games much more fun. If we get a lot of interest in the future, we can make a small tournament type game, split on a number of days (play the 'semi final' on one day, and the 'final' on another day). But I think our community is still quite small for this.

I don't know. As I said, we can just play random games (hop on when you want and stuff) but this will make it more competitive and stuff. Kinda like the OCuK vs Hexus game. it was fun, yet competitive, because you actually had a reason to win :D

If there is enough interest, I might create a thread just for these events.

I'd most definitely be up for that, we could always try and make a few teams and run something approaching a tournament over a few nights, as I'd hazard there would be more than 10 people interested, all server permitting of course.

Soldato
I'd most definitely be up for that, we could always try and make a few teams and run something approaching a tournament over a few nights, as I'd hazard there would be more than 10 people interested, all server permitting of course.

Thing is, we need a multiple of 5. If anything, we have to have reserves. If we get 15 we can do 3 teams or whatever. if we have 12, we can do 2 reserves?

I doubt we will have 20+ all on together.

Soldato
Thing is, we need a multiple of 5. If anything, we have to have reserves. If we get 15 we can do 3 teams or whatever. if we have 12, we can do 2 reserves?

I doubt we will have 20+ all on together.

Yea that's a fair point, I suppose until we look at and get a date organised we won't know how many people are available.

Associate
Sounds good :) I can probably make a team together from my friends list most nights, or a load of people who would probably join in a mix.

Soldato
I'm sure we can get 5 man teams, but I think it would be better if we try and make it an OCUK event. Then when the BO3 ends, we can just invite friends and stuff.

if we get ex. 9 people, we can add a friend (non-OCUK)

Soldato
Post ur steam links guys ;)

You know I'm in Nik. We "were" having a great game on nuke until steam servers decided to keep kicking one of our best players out and his mate. The other team kept dropping 1 too. ****** **** *** *******

Soldato
Same, i'm in as well.

I had the same problem tonight Joe, in middle of a train match and 2 of our players got kicked about 4 times.

Then finally playing inferno and he had literally just done a full buy and happened again, rejoined with $0 :(

Back
Top Bottom