DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Soldato
OP
Aw man...

Couldn't resist the Huey!

Anyone give me a quick update on what to expect?

Expect some frustration initially - then setup the input curves on your Joystick Axes in the options (7 Deadzone and 30 curve on my crappy stick) - expect it to take about 5 hours until you actual fly by feeling the aircraft and it doing what you expect. Add another 5 before you stop falling out of the sky like a brick every time you try to land.

For me the First 10 hours were the most fun, just learning the aircraft, the Flight model is beautiful. Oh, forgot to add - I hope you have pedals......

Nate

Soldato
Wasn't actually that bad a first flight!

Learned the start up procedure. Make that still learning it. Not as bad as A10, still loads to do..

Took off, flew around the airfield a couple of times, buzzed the Chinooks and landed close to where I started.

I am guessing the hours in Take On Helis have helped!

Also Trackir is a must, when flying in TOH it always gave me a great assistance to come round while looking at where I was planning to land..

Not as fidgety as I thought it would be!

Can see this fast taking over instead of TOH.

Soldato
I didn't like TOH , but bought it anyway to help BIS out

I do like the huey

First "landing"
F80OtQv.jpg

Door Gunners "dedication" to his job
TmW7X7Y.jpg

Hot Guns
660wleR.jpg

Night Flying in Thunderstorm with peeing rain

hdlkr1S.jpg

Associate
I recently re-installed my OS and have re-downloaded DCS world. It recognises my login but doesn't to remember the fact I had purchased the A-10 module.

It is asking for a serial code which i vaguely remember entering, is there a way to resubmit the code or how would I go about finding it?

Associate
I recently re-installed my OS and have re-downloaded DCS world. It recognises my login but doesn't to remember the fact I had purchased the A-10 module.

It is asking for a serial code which i vaguely remember entering, is there a way to resubmit the code or how would I go about finding it?

If you remember your DCS world login, go to this page whilst logged in and it'll show you your key

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/

Associate
If you remember your DCS world login, go to this page whilst logged in and it'll show you your key

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/

This worked perfectly! Many thanks.

When I happened to click on the mod manager it listed the Su25 and A-10 but also had a third item listed, looked like a WW2 era M109 or something to that effect.

I have never seen anything related to this and its definately not the Mustang module. Am I missing something obvious?

Soldato
OP
I've always recommended setting up your own profile. Setup each system (say TMS to start), one by one, using it in Sim before adding another - this makes learning the systems much easier and the control of them becomes second nature very quickly.

Nate

Associate
I've always recommended setting up your own profile. Setup each system (say TMS to start), one by one, using it in Sim before adding another - this makes learning the systems much easier and the control of them becomes second nature very quickly.

Nate

I had previously tried this with average success. I found the waiter software quite unwieldy. Will have to sit down and have another crack.

Permabanned
That looks very nice, how many pages in the book? Is that paperback type?

That link does not work for me, but his post goes back years ... I have the old third party ring bound manual too from back then, couple of others, trouble is the module has been updated a lot since that manual, a lot of it must still be relevant though, must dig mine out again.

Associate
This worked perfectly! Many thanks.

When I happened to click on the mod manager it listed the Su25 and A-10 but also had a third item listed, looked like a WW2 era M109 or something to that effect.

I have never seen anything related to this and its definately not the Mustang module. Am I missing something obvious?
DCS comes with the Su-25T and T-51 (unarmed version of the P-51 Mustang WW2 fighter) as part of the free DCS core install

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom