Dead Boy Detectives | Netflix

Soldato

April 25th

Welcome to the Dead Boy Detective agency.Edwin and Charles are best friends, ghosts… and the best detectives on the Mortal plane. They will do anything to stick together – including escaping evil witches, Hell and Death herself. With the help of a clairvoyant named Crystal and her friend Niko, they are able to crack some of the mortal realm’s most mystifying paranormal cases.

Dead Boy Detectives is based on the beloved comic series from Neil Gaiman, and a new addition to The Sandman Universe for Netflix.

Man of Honour
I'm really not a fan of the song which was used in the trailer so that has put me right off :cry:

I'm mildly interested but as above I'd rather just see another season of Lockwood & Co.

Man of Honour
Only watched one episode so far but... I don't think I'm the target audience... just feels like they had a lot of "that would be cool" ideas and stuck them in a melting pot.

Soldato
OP
Watched first 2 episodes last night, better than I thought it was going to be, the amount of sassy from the main characters in this they wouldn't feel out of place on Ru Paul's Drag race.

Soldato
Watched first 2 episodes last night, better than I thought it was going to be, the amount of sassy from the main characters in this they wouldn't feel out of place on Ru Paul's Drag race.

I was on the fence over giving this a shot, like others in the thread I quite enjoyed Lockwood and co and was disappointed when it was cancelled.

After reading this comment I figure that I can safely skip and not waste my time :cry:

Caporegime
I watched the first episode, it was ok. Not as good as Sandman though. It feels like this show has the least subtle exposition dumping though, the characters seemed to spend most of the first episode just listing things we need to know about the rules of ghosts etc.

Soldato
didn't follow the rules though, unless i missed something; they changed form into cops, then interviewed the girl's parents; how do they see them - they set up ghosts being invisible to humans? :-/

Soldato
OP
Finished it last night, enjoyed it for the most part but can see why it won't be some peoples cup of tea with the casting / script.

Hopefully get another season but with how long it took them to renew Sandman I don't have much hope.

Caporegime
Finished this, enjoyed it in the end. I thought the first episode was actually one of the weakest. I think the cast was pretty good. Ruth Connell of Supernatural fame was brilliant and Niko and the little sprites were hilarious.

I'd still prefer the rest of Lockwood & Co but this was fun, supernatural drama fare.

Back
Top Bottom