Dead enermax 1350

Associate
EDIT: ALL SORTED. EXCELLENT SERVICE ONCE AGAIN BY OCUK. CANT FAULT IT AT ALL.

PLEASE IGNORE MY MOANY RANT BELOW :p

Hey folks,

Grrr, angry.. Need to vent

Last night mid rendering, my platimax 1350 died. It's kicked it completely and just gives a clicking sound for a split second when I unplug it for a while and retry it

So, just spoke to overclockers who told me that I need to bring it in for testing, but it needs sending off and will take 28 days. I only bought it in January.

Obviously, the system is in use as a workstation, so it can't be off for 28 days, so I was told that a replacement can't be given and I would need to buy a new one and sell it, basically, when the replacement comes. At the moment it's priced at £359.99

I no for a fact I won't be able to sell it for anywhere near that price. Is this normal for overclockers? They are normally much much more helpful than this?

Thanks
Ben

Last edited:
Soldato
If the PSU is dead it will likely take minutes to confirm this, obviously depending on OCUKs back log. I doubt it will take anywhere near 28 days, but OCUK have to state worse case scenarios.

Associate
OP
Well that's what I assumed (i actually bought it from ocuk for this very reason, paying more for the privilege) but was told it needs to physically be sent to enermax for testing as it's outside the 28 day DOA period..

Associate
OP
Dead enermax PSU

Hey folks,

Grrr, angry.. Need to vent

Last night mid rendering, my platimax 1350 died. It's kicked it completely and just gives a clicking sound for a split second when I unplug it for a while and retry it

So, just spoke to overclockers who told me that I need to bring it in for testing, but it needs sending off and will take 28 days. I only bought it in January.

The system is in use as a workstation, so it can't be off for 28 days, so I was told that a replacement can't be given as it's out of the 28 day DOA perios, and I would need to buy a new one and, basically, sell it when the replacement comes. At the moment it's priced at £359.99

I no for a fact I won't be able to sell it for anywhere near that price. Is this normal for overclockers? They are normally much much more helpful than this?

(Which ultimately is why I bought it from here in the first place, being local'ish to me)

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: Also posted in the PSU section but it's a bit dead in there

Associate
So OC dont have a psu tester, ie
Thermaltake Dr Power II Universal ATX Power Supply Tester.
IMHO, 28 days isn't a reasonable amount of time, refund or replace.

Soldato
I would imagine that 28 days is a worst case scenario ? That seems a bit excessive for it to take that long.

Do you need 1350W ? Maybe take a look at the Superflower Leadex psu's if you need to buy a temp replacement.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies

It's powering quite a heavy system based around 3x r290s (which again were bought from here, again at a slight premium) so anything lower would be pushing it

I'm hoping this is just a misunderstanding as previous to this, they have always dealt with things in house and I have had nothing but praise for them. The idea of paying £359.99 for a PSU to use for a week or two, and then sell at a hefty loss seems pretty backwards to me

I bought a dyson from tescos last week. If that broke in six months times I certainly wouldn't be dealing directly with dyson to get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom