Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
That's great news that Dell are finally making make a G-Sync screen, I hope it's not too long before they make a G-Sync version of their 34" Ultrawide as that would be my dream monitor.

Soldato
TN? Whyyyyyyyy??! Release IPS 144Hz G-Sync and they clean up! Stockholders rejoice and everyone at Dell makes truck loads of cash! And we get a monitor that actually works with quality QC and CS! Win win! Come on Dell, get your act together...!

Man of Honour
Nice - might tempt me if its at all comparable to the ROG Swift as while I do like the Swift it has a few little issues/potential issues that don't inspire me.

Associate
just had a quick chat to Dell sales department and as yet they do not know anything about it ?? My dell 24 inch is still going strong and I'm looking for a pair of good monitors .. will be waiting to see how this goes compared to Asus and Acer QC

Caporegime
If it is <£600 then I could be tempted but only.... if the anti glare coating is as light as the LG ultrawide IPS panels, a grainy/heavy matte finish looks awful and really ruins the clarity/"pop" of displays.

Soldato
If it is <£600 then I could be tempted but only.... if the anti glare coating is as light as the LG ultrawide IPS panels, a grainy/heavy matte finish looks awful and really ruins the clarity/"pop" of displays.

Unless Dell specifically removes the anti-glare surface and puts on their own solution (which is rare), it will be similar to the PG278Q and XL2730Z.

Caporegime
Guess I'll just have to wait even longer then :(

TBH, I probably be better of just cutting all light of in my room and completely removing the matte finish/layer myself :p

Associate
Guess I'll just have to wait even longer then :(

TBH, I probably be better of just cutting all light of in my room and completely removing the matte finish/layer myself :p

Funny you say that i have just blacked out the windows with black vinyl. The wife was not happy. My response "It's MY gaming room" haha

Associate
If Dell manage to enter this market segment and maintain their usual quality standards it will be a no-brainer. Lets just hope that they don't decide to slap the Alienware branding on it though, or prices will be extortionate.

Associate
I hope so, I've had my Dell 24 inch for years and without any issue at all ... looking forward to seeing how they perform and their QC ... if it's a winner I'm down for two :)

Soldato
I'd actually consider this just because it's Dell if the price is right. If they can get this out for £400 being TN then it'll be decent. G-Sync might make £400 a rather big stretch though.

Soldato
I see this is due for release in the US shortly, no word on EU release yet? I'm very interested to know if it's simply a carbon copy of the original Swift with an identical panel, only with a Dell chassis and their superior warranty and CS? That AG coating on the Swift was a big no-no for me, so I wonder if it's too much to hope for that the Dell won't use it? I'm not sure if it was something originally fitted by AUO (the panel manufacturer) that Asus couldn't have removed anyway, even if they wanted to, or if it was their own implementation? If the latter, then chances are maybe good Dell won't go with it. If the former, then no chance I guess.

Back
Top Bottom