Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Did they ever fix the gpu temp problem with 144? I remember my fans on my gpu kept trying to kick in when I was on the desktop at 144hz (fans on gpu start at 60c), but as soon as I dropped to 120hz in desktop it was fine. Been like that ever since.

Associate
As others have commented re- viewing angle/s. It's basically typical for a TN panel.

As to colours. After some adjustment, it's not too bad. Better than my previous Iiyama (TN panel) and that was rated as being pretty decent at the time when I bought it.

Just be aware that some folks (me included) are having issues with "screen flicker" on the latest Nvidia drivers. Nvidia seems to know about this but doesn't seem to have gotten to the bottom of it yet. Temporary solution is to set the default re-fresh rate in the Nvidia control panel from 144Hz, to 120Hz. Only effects low low power apps and the desktop. Games appear fine. This is not just limited to this monitor though, can effect any Gsync 144Hz (or above) monitor. There is a huge thread (rage!) on the Nvidia forum about this. Some folks "claim" to have curred it by various means (new DP cable, fiddling with settings) but I've tried them all and it makes no difference for me. Just thought you might appreciate a "heads up".

Don't wait too long if interested in this panel, as the price is almost going up daily! Currently £50 more than when I bought it :eek:

PS. I stand corrected, it's now £60 more than when I bought it.

Do not buy this monitor now, black friday is in two weeks.

Associate
I took delivery of this monitor on Friday as I wanted to try a high refresh rate panel against my Dell U2715H IPS panel. Gone back to two screens instead of 3 at the same time.

Love the difference a high refresh rate monitor has had on my gaming. Not a single complaint here with that. I received a rev A03.

I'm not technical with monitors in any way but having used The U2715H IPS panel for some time, TN viewing angles are terrible. Just my personal opinion. Vertical viewing angles are much worse than horizontal but even so. Also as I'm not facing this monitor straight on (it's facing me, just at a slight angle as it's my second monitor), the colours do seem to be the very slightest different at either end. I know this is just due to the positioning as it's fine when directly in front but a reflection of TN viewing panel constraints none the less.

I am trying different colour profiles at the moment and trying to match my IPS which is a little difficult. Most likely due to me being a noobie but I do not regret buying this monitor at all. Not tried any other high refresh rate monitors but I like the professional look of Dell's range over the gamer looks other manufacturers adopt.

I am happy with this monitor. A little pricey for a first gen product from Dell but there's no issues I've encountered with it at all. In fact, I'm liking it a lot

Associate
More annoying than anything. Hopefully Nvidia will at some point "finally" sort this issue with a new driver release. It's been going on for months though!

i absolutely cacked it at first, I've recently put a new pc together for the first time in about 10 years (with help from these boards) and with it a 1070.

When it began to flicker i though one of the monitor or gpu was goosed, only after scowling the internet did i see it was a known issue...

Next step, overclocking the 1070. Never done it before so im going to do my homework before attempting it

Soldato
Since Viewsonic and the rainforest are beginning to take the **** with the XG2703-GS (still no firm delivery date), I'm turning my eyes back to this.

The only problem is, I have seen a video that compares the XG2703-GS and this monitor, and the colours are much more vibrant on the AHVA panel :(

Associate
Since Viewsonic and the rainforest are beginning to take the **** with the XG2703-GS (still no firm delivery date), I'm turning my eyes back to this.

The only problem is, I have seen a video that compares the XG2703-GS and this monitor, and the colours are much more vibrant on the AHVA panel :(

That's a nice monitor! Same-ish price as the dell but ips? :eek:

Soldato

Turn digital vibrance up to 65 in NCP, looks great.

Back
Top Bottom