*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
Grill sounds like an idea, or possibly a large silent fan in the side? There is a gap between the wall due to skirting board, will keep the front looking clean too.

I'd say running anything of a reasonable spec will still get pretty warm quickly.

I had my 2nd gen i7 with 7850 and micro server in a cupboard with 2x 80mm intlet fans and 2x 80mm exhaust fans and the main PC fans ramped up very quickly under the smallest load. Now I've got a 780ti its back on the desk tpp.

Going on you having 3 reasonable size screens I'd say you have a high spec GPU? Personally I'd be keeping the door open during use at the least.

Soldato
I'd say running anything of a reasonable spec will still get pretty warm quickly.

I had my 2nd gen i7 with 7850 and micro server in a cupboard with 2x 80mm intlet fans and 2x 80mm exhaust fans and the main PC fans ramped up very quickly under the smallest load. Now I've got a 780ti its back on the desk tpp.

Going on you having 3 reasonable size screens I'd say you have a high spec GPU? Personally I'd be keeping the door open during use at the least.

I've got a powercolor 290x in a 750d and a 6600 with a corsair h110i mounted to the roof.

Associate
the alex units come with some 1cm ish rubber pads, ive put one in each corner of both units. The weight on the desk means it does not move but i can lift it and slide if it i need to.

Yeah I've got them on it currently but don't think it's much use.

3 monitors and a sub on my desk and I can still move it with ease, gets annoying.

Not sure if anti-slip mat would help or maybe adhesive.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a desk mounted monitor stand to hold 2 24inch monitors?

I currently have my eye on the Arctic Z2 Pro but I don't like how big the bottom mount is, I'd rather have a stealthy smaller one.

Soldato
Mancave update

Designed for functionality in this room. 2 systems currently.

1464627966_20160530_161648-picsay.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Associate
This may sound like a really dumb question, but do all desks have some sort of SN or something to identify the brand/mode?

I picked up this desk a few years ago from an old office my friend was moving out of and it's absolutely perfect. There's some things I've just discovered but unable to work out how to make it work. Would need to check a manual or something.

Associate
Is your ROG Swift going through the desk?

Looking sweet though mate.

I used a hight adjustable/tilt-swivel mount which I'd embedded into the shelf when I originally built the desk. It's reinforced underneath. Monitor bases take up a whole load of valuable space on a surface this size so that's why I went down this route.

Old pictures with the original monitor which show it better:

Excuse the mess - project builds always end up whith my room in chaos.

Back
Top Bottom