*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
My workstation!

desk.png

I mistakenly viewed this thread on Friday and you all inspired me to go spend money..

I had a horrible desk prior which I dare not even share picture of.. But I quickly built the Alex's and shoved the worktop on and I'm happy!

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

Gunna have to monitor the temps of the server in the cupboard.. not sure it'll stay in there yet.. Also left a small gap to the left of Alex 1 for cables and UPS to sit nicely in out of sight.

IMG_1373.jpg

As you can no doubt see.. the horrible eye sore..

IMG_1374.jpg

You wouldn't believe Its never been smoked around would you?

All the plastic on the NZXT Phantom, which was sat under a window for the first 2 years of its life, has soaked up all the UV's and gone a horrid yellow.

It stands out so much against Alex 2, so, It's time to try and resolve the situation.

IMG_1375.jpg

Remove all black facias..

IMG_1376.jpg

Bath Time!

IMG_1377.jpg

Lots and lots of bleach bubbles! - Couldn't find a ducky for him tho.

IMG_1378.jpg

Left it soaking for the day.. will see what it's like later tonight.. cant get any worse can it!

Has anyone taken to varnishing their Hammarp desk? Any advice?

Last edited:
Associate
which worktop did you go for and what it the width ?

also the people with the worktop/alex desks, are you fastening the worktop down or just laying it on top?

as for the case i would suggest a really fine sandpaper and just take the yellow layer off

Last edited:
Associate

also the people with the worktop/alex desks, are you fastening the worktop down or just laying it on top?

as for the case i would suggest a really fine sandpaper and just take the yellow layer off

The Alex drawers come with a set of those sticky gel dot thingamajigs to protect and grip any tops you put on them, I guess most people just use them, they work fine. As for my top, I used the IKea Karlby Wallnut work top which the shorter of the two lengths are 186cm by 63.5cm deep and 3.8cm thick.

Associate
The Alex drawers come with a set of those sticky gel dot thingamajigs to protect and grip any tops you put on them, I guess most people just use them, they work fine. As for my top, I used the IKea Karlby Wallnut work top which the shorter of the two lengths are 186cm by 63.5cm deep and 3.8cm thick.

thanks - was looking for something that long too, but i was looking under the desk/table tops.. didnt think about the kitchen ones :rolleyes:

was expecting to compromised for the 150 since 200 wouldnt fit where i want it too

Associate
I was thinking of having the bookshelfs just above the monitor tilting downwards, with this amp or something smaller in silver at the side of the screen. but Im not sure as the bookshelfs are about 8" from back to front, so they might look like a eyesore.

dsc_4810.jpg

I've got one of these Aiwa midi system if anyone fancies it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah seen that, looks great!.

I looked at the first pic and i thought, hmm, i would be happy to live there if it only had a bed then i looked at the second pic!.

The Ikea Hammarp 246x2.8cm. Just laid ontop of the Alex's, they come with little rubber things to sit desks on.

It's currently on its second coat of white gloss spray paint.. think 1 more and it'll be good to go!

Associate
what desk is that gabba? was looking at something like that before but cant remember where i saw it

also you need to get them giant speakers hooked up to your pc :D

Associate
what desk is that gabba? was looking at something like that before but cant remember where i saw it

also you need to get them giant speakers hooked up to your pc :D

Desk is called a Genuine piranha unicorn Desk

Its awesome, one corner is longer than the other and its interchangeable with the shorter piece for different corners. There's a case tray that fits my sub perfectly.
Oh and those Wharfedales are hooked up to an Arcam Alpha 5 amp and really kick a punch. They're meant to be home cinema speakers but they're fab for music. ;)

Is that a Vertagear SL4000? If so how are you finding it? I'm looking to purchase either a SL4000 or pay an extra £50 for the Noble Epic chair.

yeah sl4000, got it on offer hence why its white but it ended up going well with everything, total ass to keep clean though.

The chairs okay, it's my first gaming chair coming from a leather office chair so cant really say much. Took ages for my back to get used to having posture. Very customisable, i can chillout laying out on it flat and it wont fall over.

I'd say look up some youtube reviews

Associate
not a bad desk but i didnt expect that kind of price for it, but i do see their prices have risen over the years.. i bought a small desk from them a while back and it was like £55, its on their site now for almost double that

Back
Top Bottom