Deus Ex - conversation with Morpheus AI

Soldato
Read the rest of thread, apparently it's much further along than I previously realised :).
In other news, and PLEASE start a new thread to discuss this if you want to, don't want to drag this offtopic, but there's also a complete rebuild of Half Life 1 on the Source engine in progress, rumoured for release by the end of the year. Black Mesa Source.

Source... Totally ruined CS :rolleyes:

Associate
Just fired up a new game :D. Takes me back to the first time I played it on my lowly PII 266... chugging along at horrible frame rates on the lowest settings. Would have killed back then just to run it on high at 800*600 and now I run it maxed at the highest res and it looks pap :p.

Soldato
opening level of this game is one of the best levels ive ever played but yet ive never completed the game.......am i the only person who found the levels after to be bland(fun wise) in comparison?

actually think il go install the game again and try have some fun .....it wont look too bad as ive only been playing yuri's revenge lately

Man of Honour
opening level of this game is one of the best levels ive ever played but yet ive never completed the game.......am i the only person who found the levels after to be bland(fun wise) in comparison?

actually think il go install the game again and try have some fun .....it wont look too bad as ive only been playing yuri's revenge lately

I'm more the opposite. The game looks and sounds amazing from all I've read (and seen of the later levels) but the first level just bored me to tears...

Soldato
Of all the film spinoffs of all the games over the years, I'm surprised Deus Ex has never been done. It's got a mature, indepth storyline and universe, and could easily be turned into an epic length film. Not like it's a title languishing in obscurity either. Flip side is that many good games have been tarnished with average, or downright poor, films.

Soldato
A film of Deus Ex would be dire. It'd e a B-Movie "The Matrix" meets "The Da Vinci Code" affair. As a game it's excellent, one of my top 5 but the material isn't that strong. Besides, even if it was created by the games development equivalent of Shakespeare we all know the film would be parp.

Soldato
I must have played this game around 4-5 times all the way through. It never gets old, and I'm still finding new things! The story and dialogue is one of the best in video games history!

I might replay it again with the new textures!

Associate
HIDE YOUR SPOILERS PEOPLE! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY!!!! :(

Just turn things blue by putting them in between this vBulletin code: [ color=#1c5780] [/color ] (removing the space in the brackets)

Back
Top Bottom