Disaster after W10 update

Soldato
It would seem after an update windows has put a clean install on and changed my c: drive to G and is not bootable.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Soldato
OP
There are a few more drives but everything is still on the drive that is now G but it's not bootable. Tried windows repair as it said it was corrupt but that didn't work

Soldato
If you can find Macrium Reflect free, make a bootable USB disk and boot from it. In the Restore menu, select Fix Windows Boot Problems..., which has saved my bacon once or twice.

Last edited:
Soldato

Your drive could be the issue.

Boot Windows to Advanced Startup Options menu from USB, open command Prompt and type "chkdsk C: /f /r /x" (without quotes) and press Enter to check and repair your drive.

Did chkdsk find any bad clusters?

Is Windows bootable after ran chkdsk?

If you can boot Windows then download CrystalDiskInfo, launch it, go to menu, click on Function/Advanced Feature/Raw Valves and change valve to 10 [DEC] than take a screenshot of your OS drive health and post here.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Will give it a try later. In my sadness I've ordered a Samsung Evo 870 SSD to put a fresh install on and download everything again. Just annoyed at all the music I lost

Last edited:
Soldato
What is your PC brand and model that has boot issues?

Maybe boot issues could be related to Windows 10 updates, please try disconnected all other HDD/SSD drives and use 1 SSD to clean install Windows 11 on your Samsung Evo 870 SSD to see if it will boot fine.

Try 5 methods to see if it fix boot issues BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD Error.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's a system I built years ago with an i5 6th gen, gigabyte mobo and gigabyte 1080ti.

I've now put windows on an m.2 drive and will use the Evo as a games drive. Annoyingly the windows 10 usb I have is a early version and will only update as far as the 1511 build but sorted that now and it's ok.

Back
Top Bottom