• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DMA - resizeable bar - do you always enable it ?

Associate
I have it active most of the time but there were a couple of games (I think AC Valhalla was one of them) where my game would crash with rebar enabled

Man of Honour
ReBAR always, HAGS always. There is no real reason to turn these off unless you have some compatibility issue with something. The latest features in rendering require HAGS anyway so by turning it off you lose access to these features and likely impact performance as well.

I can't speak for AMD cards though, this is purely from an Nvidia viewpoint.

Last edited:
Soldato
If we enable ReBAR in the bios, do we have to still enable it someone else for it to work ? thought i read that it had to still be enabled in something called NV inspector or something like that ? or am i thinking of something else.

Man of Honour
In Nvidia control panel you should see that it shows ReBAR is supported and enabled:

UojMxqm.png

That's it. You can forced enable it for specific games if they don't have it enabled at the driver level since Nvidia whitelist the option for all games in the driver. Profile Inspector simply allows you to manually whitelist games but if they are not whitelisted by default then any performance uplift by manually doing so isn't going to be of any benefit anyway. NV tend to update the whitelist as games get fully tested and confirmed to make use of ReBAR so just leave it be.

Soldato
In Nvidia control panel you should see that it shows ReBAR is supported and enabled:

UojMxqm.png

That's it. You can forced enable it for specific games if they don't have it enabled at the driver level since Nvidia whitelist the option for all games in the driver. Profile Inspector simply allows you to manually whitelist games but if they are not whitelisted by default then any performance uplift by manually doing so isn't going to be of any benefit anyway. NV tend to update the whitelist as games get fully tested and confirmed to make use of ReBAR so just leave it be.
Ah, thx for that, must be Profile Inspector i was thinking of then, and that was like you said, just for forcing it for specific games, cheers

Soldato
This is not true. There are instances where non whitelisted games have increased performance with REBAR enabled. Modern Warfare II performance significantly improved by manually enabling it for me.

Back
Top Bottom