• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I have a dodgy graphics card??

Associate
I'm not suprised tbh, I have the same card from the same place and I'd noticed the corruption in the canyon flight especially but I hadn't thought it was the card maybe a software problem.

I'm guessing a lot of people bought that card and to replace yours and having you post about it would mean a lot of other returns as well.

I've phoned ocuk customer support before (shudder) it tought me to just use the automated order system from then on. That Matthew must have been pi**ed off I doubt he would have spelt his own name right if he'd had to type it.

Associate
I have just had my 7900 GTO back from overclockers saying exactly the same thing "your card was tested and found to be ok" :mad: I swapped my card previously with my friends GT version and no artifacting on his and he was getting artifacting on mine?? says to me it cant be a software issue and that the card was not properly tested.
Before i contact them does any body know what the actual tests they run are?? as it totaly fell over on the last two tests of 3D mark 06 on my system, but the RMA said it was tested on 3D 06.
This disappoints me as there is abviously an issue with these cards and we seem to be being fobbed off, but i will reserve my judgement until i have spoken to some one.

Associate
Under situations like these, perhaps it would be wise to persue a RMA direct to the guys that made your card, or if that fails, provide screenshots / captures of your card failing and send them with your card to overclockers.

However if your card is any of the brands that are known to be clocked at their stock speeds, its worth talking direct to the manurfacturer, as they are more likely to know about the faults.

Back
Top Bottom