Do I still need to be concerned about 600W cables melting/overheating?

Associate
I'll be honest, I am completely out of the loop. I put a new build together this weekend that consists of a Dark Power 13 (1000W) and a 4090, but I still have concerns that this 600w Dark Power cable is going to melt/overheat. I have ensured it is seated correctly as best I can, but I have seen posts where they're extremely confident that was the case and they still had issues.

Have any amendments been made to these cables since then, and if so, how do I verify that my 600W cable is one of those? Apologies for being silly, its just a lot of money, and I want to minimise the risk

Associate
The connector is still the same so I guess yes. But I have used two 4090's now for the past 4 months without issue in two rigs one mid sized and one in a meshroom s. My two rigs aren't large sample size but have half a dozen mates with 4090 setups that have also not had any issues.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have ensured it is seated correctly as best I can, but I have seen posts where they're extremely confident that was the case and they still had issues.
From what I've seen in repair shops reported online, the cables that come with a PSU natively are usually the safest to use and have the smallest number of reported probles.

Have any amendments been made to these cables since then, and if so, how do I verify that my 600W cable is one of those? Apologies for being silly, its just a lot of money, and I want to minimise the risk
Yes, the revised connector is called 12v-2x6 and afaik the connector housing has H++ stamped on it instead of H+.

Back
Top Bottom