Do you tip the pizza delivery man?

Soldato
You could say that about any fast food - people just buy it for convenience.

Not really. A lot of fast food is reasonably priced for what it is. Pizzas are ridiculously more more expensive than any other fast food. Burger king, Mcdonalds, KFC, Subway, Chinese, Indian, Kebab shops. All significantly cheaper than a £10 pizza. The margins on Pizzas are far greater than other foods.

Flour, Water, a tablespoon or two of pasatta and a sprinkling of processed pretend cheese isn't going to cost any more than 30 pence at wholesale prices these establishments get them at. The profit margin scary!

Chicken curry and fried rice for £5.30 on the other hand. Well, we know it's not great quality.... But... chicken, onions, rice and the other ingredients are a lot more expensive than that of said above... and it's half the price.

I'm speaking specifically about Dominoes pizza here. However most others are the same.

Permabanned
Not really. A lot of fast food is reasonably priced for what it is. Pizzas are ridiculously more more expensive than any other fast food. Burger king, Mcdonalds, KFC, Subway, Chinese, Indian, Kebab shops. All significantly cheaper than a £10 pizza. The margins on Pizzas are far greater than other foods.

Flour, Water, a tablespoon or two of pasatta and a sprinkling of processed pretend cheese isn't going to cost any more than 30 pence at wholesale prices these establishments get them at. The profit margin scary!

Chicken curry and fried rice for £5.30 on the other hand. Well, we know it's not great quality.... But... chicken, onions, rice and the other ingredients are a lot more expensive than that of said above... and it's half the price.

I'm speaking specifically about Dominoes pizza here. However most others are the same.

Of course, when you compare a cheese pizza to a chicken curry. I don't think many people actually get just cheese pizzas.

Domino's Pizzas, and Papa John's are horribly overpriced as well, my local pizza place does a 10" pizza with any 2 toppings, fries and a can of drink for £3.99, go to Domino's and they'll charge you £10 just for the pizza.

Man of Honour
Of course, when you compare a cheese pizza to a chicken curry. I don't think many people actually get just cheese pizzas.

The more toppings you get, the worse value it is.

My local Dominos charges £16.99 for a decent large pizza.

Thats right - £16.99. You can buy one get one free if you collect it, but as they banned that offer on the small pizza's you are pretty much doomed to a £10-£15 spend if you want a forever alone pizza night for one.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;19610945 said:
The more toppings you get, the worse value it is.

My local Dominos charges £16.99 for a decent large pizza.

Thats right - £16.99. You can buy one get one free if you collect it, but as they banned that offer on the small pizza's you are pretty much doomed to a £10-£15 spend if you want a forever alone pizza night for one.

That's because you're going to Domino's, they're complete and utter rip-offs.

Soldato
only reason I phone a takeaway is because i'm over the limit to be able to drive to the shop, so yeah, they normally get a tip as I'm in a good mood :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom