Dodgy Vauxhall purchased??

Associate
Right, weird one. I know nothing about cars at all. Bought a Vauxhall GTC 1.4 turbo from a dealer in September 22. Every document, test certificate, v5 and the entire internet recognise this car as a turbo yet it has no turbo??

Vin number matches the v5 but the car spec doesn't. What's going on? Have I been scammed? It's on finance with 4 1/2 years left to pay and the engine is now ****** so I'm looking for an out really and this was my only lead.

Soldato
Right, weird one. I know nothing about cars at all. Bought a Vauxhall GTC 1.4 turbo from a dealer in September 22. Every document, test certificate, v5 and the entire internet recognise this car as a turbo yet it has no turbo??

Vin number matches the v5 but the car spec doesn't. What's going on? Have I been scammed? It's on finance with 4 1/2 years left to pay and the engine is now ****** so I'm looking for an out really and this was my only lead.

Speak to the finance company as there is a way the car can be returned, but speaking with them will help.

Soldato
Could do with a bit more detail, for example, what/who has suggested that the car doesn't actually have a turbo? In what other way does the "car spec" not match the VIN?

Associate
OP
Could do with a bit more detail, for example, what/who has suggested that the car doesn't actually have a turbo? In what other way does the "car spec" not match the VIN?
Mechanic has looked at it l, it doesn't have a turbo fitted. The log book and internet state the car is a turbo sport, also says it should have six gears but only had 5

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Mechanic has looked at it l, it doesn't have a turbo fitted. The log book and internet state the car is a turbo sport, also says it should have six gears but only had 5

Okay, the turbo I can sort-of understand someone who's not very into cars not spotting is missing...but you didn't realise until now you were missing a whole gear?

Last edited:
Associate
It’s probably just been misregistered by the first garage that sent the information to the DVLA when the car arrived in country, which every website then takes its information from. It happens - usually with the colour or trim level rather than the engine but it’s much more likely than it having had an engine swap.

Reactions: JRS
Associate
OP
It’s probably just been misregistered by the first garage that sent the information to the DVLA when the car arrived in country, which every website then takes its information from. It happens - usually with the colour or trim level rather than the engine but it’s much more likely than it having had an engine swap.
Do you think this would be considered as miss sold from the dealership as it's essentially not what it says on the tin?

Back
Top Bottom