*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Man of Honour
yeah - have to admit it felt a bit clunky on the Xbox Series X (locked to 30fps) and graphics were not the best, but the PC version looks and runs much better
Its a bit clunky, even DD2 is, but thats just part and parcel of the series really, just like the Gothic games and the Elex games, clunkiness is just a part of them :)

Associate
I got on an oxcart in the capital to head back to Melve, it barely got out of the gate before an Ogre had appeared from nowhere to try and attack us, the entire front portion of the city just turned up and absolutely smacked it about :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
I'm hovering over the buy button despite the complaints, but the main thing that is putting me off is that many are saying it's barely playable with mouse and keyboard - if so this is a gamebreaker for me, as I won't use a controller

Man of Honour
I'm hovering over the buy button despite the complaints, but the main thing that is putting me off is that many are saying it's barely playable with mouse and keyboard - if so this is a gamebreaker for me, as I won't use a controller
I play exclusively on mouse and keyboard and am not having any trouble, having said that I did play the Dark Souls games on M&K and Elden Ring and Lords of the Fallen...so I've got previous when it comes to playing these sorts of titles on M&K, imo those people who say its "barely playable" on mouse and keyboard are way off the mark. In my experiences control methods in games come down more to what you are used to the most than it must be X or Y control method.

Last edited:
Associate
If you play around with the save manager just make sure you don't restore a save 5 times in 24 hours otherwise Denuvo will block you from opening the game for the next 24 hours

Soldato
If you play around with the save manager just make sure you don't restore a save 5 times in 24 hours otherwise Denuvo will block you from opening the game for the next 24 hours

Nobody should buy this game and support devs who produce such anti-consumer practises as present in this product.

Hope Capcom go bust and the sooner the better.

Soldato
OP
A save fix for those who've bought this POS game:

The same user also made the save game manager for the first Dragons Dogma. Although that game don't have the Denuvo 'protection', or junk program maybe more appropriate ! :p

Soldato
After watching loads of videos i still bought it for pc, actually runs not to badly so far on my 4080 at 4k

Same here. The big town is slow but out in the open world where the combat takes place it’s keeping at high 80ish FPS with DLSS quality. Even native keeps about 60 FPS. With a VRR monitor its is more than playable and at time I am impressed with the level of world detail.

Happy to report that I have been able to progress perfectly well without having to complete any micro transactions. I was even able to switch from a fighter to an archer speciality with no issues at all.

Soldato
I would if I could but I don't and never will buy such anti-gamer product.

I have no issues just playing the game and the save system is designed to give a sense of loss when you die. This is no different to some games not offering a quick save/load option and forcing you back to the last checkpoint/bonfire/site of grace.

There really are some delusional gamers out there who go out of their way to be upset at what are trivial game design choices.

You aren’t forced to make micro transactions. Everything you need to buy or do can be gained through natural gameplay progression and mechanics.

Not having a “new game” option is hardly a game breaker. Learn to live with your in game character and plot choices.

No quick load or quick save is hardly a new and restrictive gameplay mechanic. It helps give the game a sense of loss and a real sense of achievement when you finally find an inn, or even a campsite. It also makes exploration more dangerous and exciting because you can’t scum save every few minutes.

Personally I feel these gameplay choices are part of the charm of the game. Then again maybe I can put things into perspective because it’s just a bloody game and as such wishing I’ll will towards the people who wrote it is utterly nonsensical and outright disgraceful.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would if I could but I don't and never will buy such anti-gamer product.

Yet you can get upset over a game you've never played and base your opinion on others (who probably like you, based on what was said, have not played it). Your loss, it's a good game and nothing anti-gamer about it, I'm 13 hrs into it and a gamer :)

Back
Top Bottom