DRAM Light on. PC wont post.

Soldato
Hi everyone. I built a new pc. 7600x, b650e-f strix, corsair 2x16gb vengeance ddr5, corsair 850e modular psu, gigabyte rtx 2060.

All was working well. But I left the PC on and had to pop out. I returned and the PC was off. I tried turning it on and nothing.

The DRAM light is on and I can't get passed it. Been trying g to get this to post for hours now and nothings worked at all.

I've tried the following..

Reseating the cpu

Removed the gpu and tested with another card and integrated graphics.

Tested each stick in every slot and left for at least 30 mins incase of training.

Updated the bios using q-flash plus

Cleared cmos

Removed everything from the board except cpu, ram, cooler and psu.

Could both sticks really of went at the exact same time? Or could it be cpu/memory controller related?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
I’d probably start with re building the basics out side of the case, just the cpu, cooler, 1 stock of ram. Just to have a base line.

From there sadly if still not working, might have to troubleshoot the ram first, then the cpu then the board I guess.

Have you verified no bent pins etc. in the socket?

Soldato
OP
I’d probably start with re building the basics out side of the case, just the cpu, cooler, 1 stock of ram. Just to have a base line.

From there sadly if still not working, might have to troubleshoot the ram first, then the cpu then the board I guess.

Have you verified no bent pins etc. in the socket?
Yeah its out of the case and still doing the same.

Socket looks good to me.

Could It be the power supply?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom