Drift Game HQ Ireland ...Everything is gone! :(

Soldato
I watched the youtube videos last night, I'm not aware of these guys but it was a big loss. Hope they're insured etc
I'm sure they're insured but that won't cover the value of the cars and time..

some of the cars that burned down, like the spirit rei s13 silvia is not something you can replicate really. Built in japan, one off custom body kit, very well known in japan/uk/world etc.

it's a big loss, the guys are clearly broken.

Associate
OP
Nevwr heard of them. Are they a garage or a software company?

I've only recently started following their Youtube and Social Media content.

As they say Car guy doing car things. From building cars to professional drift events

their HQ was here https://theengineblock.ie/ so massive hit to the "Car Community" not only their business but many others destroyed. Will take a while before the true cost of loss is discovered.

Soldato
they're a brand, youtube channel and organizer for a big drift event in ireland - drift games.

not one I watch or subscribe to but I've heard of them.
So sorry of an Irish equivalent of Red Bull?

Shame to see it but I guess they'll be fine if they're all insured. From the ashes new beasts will rise

Last edited:
Soldato
So sorry of an Irish equivalent of Red Bull?

Shame to see it but I guess they'll be fine if they're all insured. From the ashes new beasts will rise
they have insurance yeah, it's the one off japan built cars etc that will be impossible to replace.

they'll come back from this yeah..

re the t-shirts, they said in their video to not donate to any go-funds etc as they do not want any of that, they said if you want to support us, buy a t-shirt sorta deal which makes it better imo.

Soldato
I've only recently started following their Youtube and Social Media content.

As they say Car guy doing car things. From building cars to professional drift events

their HQ was here https://theengineblock.ie/ so massive hit to the "Car Community" not only their business but many others destroyed. Will take a while before the true cost of loss is discovered.
Damn, that is a lot of people out of business. Being a centralised 'hub' should mean that they are insured to the ying yangs though so hopefully people can rebuild and relaunch. Assuming the insurance companies don't drag out the payments for years which they invariably will.

Soldato
Be interesting to see the cause and what fire protection they had in place, it's all just been finished like a year ago.

The cars they had in there were all heavily modded and pretty custom, I doubt they will "replace" most of or any of them really and just work on the next thing once they are back up and running.

Soldato
Must have been an EV that caused it!.

I flicked through it and at one point they said all their footage has gone. Surely for goodness sake they had backups somewhere else, given how cheap a couple of harddisks or some cloud storage is? if not then what were they thinking?.
End of the day it sucks, a business which clearly had a lot of blood sweat and tears put in has gone, but if they backed up what they should have and they had proper insurance then the bottom line at least no one died.

Associate
OP
Must have been an EV that caused it!.

I flicked through it and at one point they said all their footage has gone. Surely for goodness sake they had backups somewhere else, given how cheap a couple of harddisks or some cloud storage is? if not then what were they thinking?.
End of the day it sucks, a business which clearly had a lot of blood sweat and tears put in has gone, but if they backed up what they should have and they had proper insurance then the bottom line at least no one died.
not 100% confirmed

but seems it was a welding incident and then an explosion in neighbouring business and then it spread

Back
Top Bottom