Dumb Question: How to turn off voicemail? (K700i + T-Mobile)

Soldato
I know i'm probably being a bit thick here, but i'm going to LA this evening and although i've got my phone enabled to work over there, i want to turn off voicemail as it would cost a bomb for any poor sap who calls me (if i dont answer and they get through to my voicemail) and for me to pick up my messages. So how do i set my phone just to ring off, instead of going to voicemail after x amount of rings? :confused:

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Eh? Anyone? :(

I just wanna know how to turn off my voicemail! Give me a hint, is it likely to be in the voicemail menu (i.e. when i call up) or in my phone settings? :confused:

Soldato
I wasnt aware that it would cost the caller any more if you are roaming? I was under the impression that they pay the normal rate, but you also pay to recieve the call. either way I would have though that if it goes through to your voicemail it owuld be the normal tmobile voicemail in the UK? I think your best plan of action would be to phone them up and ask to be sure.

Caporegime
i also believe this to be true

as the voicemail facility is in the UK. No connection is actually made with your phone if they connect to voicemail. Thus they get the normal rate

the expense is if you ring the UK to collect your voicemail.

Soldato
OP
Hmn that makes sense i guess. My does a lot of travelling and seemed to think it would be expensive for all (callers and me). Maybe i got the wrong end of the stick and he was just worried about me picking up a call from the UK or calling my voicemail. I tried turning off call diverts for all types of calls but it still went through to voicemail :)confused: ). Oh well, i wont worry too much.

Thanks guys.

Soldato
I know that with orange you have to call them up and ask them to remove your voicemail, turning it off on your phones menu works so long as your phone is on but if your phone is off then it would still send you through to the voicemail.

Back
Top Bottom