E6300 DS4 Overclocking @ 3317 Ghz and climbing

Soldato
The Asgard said:
Programmer. Will have another play tonight if I can get my rig up and running.

Nice one for getting your results up so quick. Its looking great, still on stock volts :eek: thats why that little heatsink is still good I think.

Will you be able to use this extra power for faster compilation times in your job.

I think the DS4 and DS3 are equal except the DS4 allows for CF

Soldato
silversurfer said:
I think the DS4 and DS3 are equal except the DS4 allows for CF

Remember the DS4 has a heatpipe cooling system while the DS3 does not. Its possible that the different ways in which the motherboard components are cooled on the different motherboards may have an effect on the highest FSB speeds achievable. Only time will tell as more people overclock those motherboards.

Soldato
sunama said:
yer :) I seen that one, I mean nothing over 501 then, but 500fsb is pretty good thinking about it.
I'm thinking of getting a conroe, might wait a while and see how many people blow up their mobo's/chips before getting one tho hehe :)

I'm also unsure about which mobo to get. If the northbridge's get really hot I might get a DS3 and watercool it, otherwise I was thinking of getting a DS4. What's so special about the DQ6? looks the same as DS4 only it has quad BIOS?

Soldato
OP
Yes pretty amazing stuff and all for £114+Vat or there abouts. Got to be the biggest CPU bargain ever!

I suspect they might frequency lock the CPU's in future if this becomes the norm.

and Yes you can't beat a bit of Asgard Technology unless that is you come against the Ori :eek: Can't wait for series 10, oh yes :cool:

Associate
Does the DS4 come with memory dividers for less than 1:1?. Apparently the DS3 doesn't have that so the memory will limit the overclocks. I've got the DS3 but haven't overclocked yet.

Soldato
The Asgard said:
I suspect they might frequency lock the CPU's in future if this becomes the norm.

I wouldnt have thought so, the enthusiast market is small and we're the only people who would be affected

The Asgard said:
and Yes you can't beat a bit of Asgard Technology unless that is you come against the Ori :eek:

I thought the replicators were the main asgard enemy?

img

img

Associate
if the chipset is getting hot and burning can you take off the heatsink and put a watercooling block on it?

Back
Top Bottom