Earthquake in Japan....9.0...ouch!

Soldato
BBC news is showing live footage right now, several tsunami waves about to hit on live helicopter camera.

Could see people in their cars and lorries being washed away o.o

Apparently 5 nuclear powerstations have been shut down and Tsunami warnings have been issued for Taiwan, Russia and Wake Island?

Soldato
There's a lot of talk of some of the tsunami surge reaching Tokyo?

This is going to be one headache that's going to last a while for Japan.

Soldato
There's a lot of talk of some of the tsunami surge reaching Tokyo?

DisneyLand sunk apparently?

SkyNews said:
Deaths have been reported following the earthquake, which has obliterated Tokyo's Disneyland car park.
Large aftershocks continue to hit the capital of Tokyo, following a quake so strong it was felt 1,500 miles away in the Chinese capital of Beijing.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo....9_Magnitude_Quake_Rocks_Buildings_In_Capital

Soldato
Just heard that too.

Mobile phone networks down. 4 million without power right now, Oil refinery in Ichihara is on fire. East coast is expecting a 3m wave further down and even 1metre on the west coast.

Associate
I'm in Niigata. It felt very big. Everyone was freaking out. Have you heard from her yet? She should be fine, because it's more on the east coast and Fukui is on the west coast. The phones seem to be down so I can't contact anyone.

Where abouts mate? Sister lives in Fukui, luckily far from the heat but still had to put a call through to know she's there, on TV nowand it looks scary!

In Busan here and felt nothing, which is fine by me!

Soldato
I'm in Niigata. It felt very big. Everyone was freaking out. Have you heard from her yet? She should be fine, because it's more on the east coast and Fukui is on the west coast. The phones seem to be down so I can't contact anyone.

Yah, her mobile network is still up, which is nice. Good luck to you :)

Associate
My au seems to be ok because I can send emails, but the people I've been trying to call are on docomo and I can't get through.

Associate
Doesn't look to be much damage to buildings at least. I think that says a lot about the systems they have in place now. Pretty impressive that their structures can withstand an 8.9 earthquake.
Tsunami looks scary though.

Back
Top Bottom