Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Associate
I read that Outerworlds is free again next week.

I meant to get that when it was free over the Christmas period but I accidentally allocated it to my son's account. Very happy to see its back out for free, I was going to buy it next time I was in the market for an RPG

Soldato
Yes it does

If you like fallout 3/4/New Vegas then you'll like this, it plays similar to fallout games but with much better graphics
Oh nice. I don't know what kind of game I assumed this was, but fallout style wasn't it.
I'll give it a try, especially for free.

Associate
Just for a bit of contrast, I did like all the fallout games but I hated outer words. It just felt like fallout-lite.
As said though, worth a go for free.

I liked Outer Worlds but it was very Fallout-Lite - I felt it was quite shallow in contrast, enjoyable for a singular playthrough but not got the longevity the Bethesda offerings have.

That said, it shows why Obsidian are renowned for their writing as I felt the writing much better than what Bethesda throw out.

Maybe they should make a game together.... again.

Soldato
Just for a bit of contrast, I did like all the fallout games but I hated outer words. It just felt like fallout-lite.
As said though, worth a go for free.

I hated Outer Worlds as well. Maybe hate isn't the right word. As hate would mean the game stirred some emotion in me. It didn't. The first planet is the best, as it's the honeymoon period in the game where you learn about everything and it's all new etc. But after that it became tedious. The combat was poor, all the planets felt very samey, nothing really changed. It was a completely bland, uninspiring and forgettable game. I don't know how anyone can compare it favourably to the Fallout games.

Associate
Ghostrunner next week looks interesting enough. Remember seeing one or two ads for it at launch but never any more. Curiosity could be enough to tempt me to actually install this one.

Back
Top Bottom