Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Yeah I can no longer be bothered to grind the same tasks every few months.
Aye, I gave up gamma chasing after about my second wipe - used to get myself high enough through quests to buy decent gear then go pvp’ing :D Don’t think I ever got close to gamma before losing interest in questing.

edit: used to love farming schturman(sp?) and folks doing quests on the old Woods map.

Last edited:
Soldato
i suspect it still runs a server for the PVE mode, and if only 1-5 players per server instead of 14? so thats like between 14 and 3 more servers per round

would cost them a load of money that way

or they change the way it works so its more scalable but that requires effort / time to develop and isnt as easy as just slapping a huge price tag on it

Soldato
literally BSG have killed this game in 48 hours after 7/8 years of development.... No one is streaming it, all the big streamers have not streamed in 2 days now.... It's crazy how BSG have totally killed it in one update....

Only chance is Nikita apologises - made a mistake, and gives EOD players all the features they promised (all future DLC)....

Otherwise it's dead overnight....

But instead - "I know - 100% boss on all maps - that will make it all ok again"

Associate
it's not literally dead. but they have done so much damage.

i can see how BSG have told themselves that a new mode of the game isn't really DLC in the traditional sense as map packs, skins, items and the like. but i kind of think it's even worse to segregate a game and sell it off in chunks like that. it's just a mess really.

it's an expensive game if you don't want to play at a disadvantage and want the full game.

Associate
Having not played the game wouldn't summoning all your mates in kind of ruin the whole concept? seems like a gimmick.
Yes it's odd, something no one wanted or ever mentioned. It's a terrible idea, along with this entire new edition.

And the thing that stops scavs from shooting at you from over 60m is just plain weird .. realistic tactical shooter my arse.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Imagine *** up this badly and trying to gaslight your customers not once, not twice, but a third time and still failing.

You had some cool ideas ten years ago, Nikita. But in the meantime it turned out that you can't make a well-running game, you can't design a game balance state for *** and you can't communicate with the fanbase either.

Instead, you use predatory bull that EA would be proud of and then attempt to pretend as if words do not have meanings aside from those you try to prescribe for them.

No more of this ***

ooof

Last edited:
Associate
You paid for Alpha, now if you want Beta you gotta pay extra. What a joke !!!!

they have said the new PvE mode isn't DLC. it's a feature of the core game.
so, why isn't it available to everyone? how greedy does a developer have to be to chop up parts of a game to sell in pieces.

furthermore. doesn't the fact that they're charging for this 'feature' make it DLC?

Associate
they have said the new PvE mode isn't DLC. it's a feature of the core game.
so, why isn't it available to everyone? how greedy does a developer have to be to chop up parts of a game to sell in pieces.

furthermore. doesn't the fact that they're charging for this 'feature' make it DLC?
At this point ordering any game no matter if it's alpha, beta or new release is a bad idea. Such a sad state of gaming to be honest.

Soldato
Yes it's odd, something no one wanted or ever mentioned. It's a terrible idea, along with this entire new edition.

And the thing that stops scavs from shooting at you from over 60m is just plain weird .. realistic tactical shooter my arse.

Sounds like something you'd get in Fortnite, I could see it in what's basically a kids game, as you say not something like this which sells itself on realism and grit.

Soldato

It's literally the weirdest about turn ever for the game.... The whole focus/idea has always been realism tactical shooter and now you can teleport your friends in to help you?? Just beyond stupid.

For me - PvE is a non issue - don't want it, wouldn't play it. But purely based on the fact it was "all future DLC" - that's the bit that annoys me.

They have literally blown apart 7/8 years of work and development inside 48 hours....

Just look at twitch - no one streaming it from the big streamers - People playing other games.....

Will be interesting to see in a week/10 days if the big streamers who have built their platform on Tarkov go back to it again.

Associate
They were greedy and kept the EOD version available for too long and now it's coming to bite them on the arse. A large portion of the player base have EOD and so bsg have limited funds coming in. They also wasted time and a huge amount of money on arena, again not something people really wanted.

What they should've done is wrap tarkov up, move on to the next game and take the player base with them. Instead they've gone for a quick cash grab and it's backfired badly, who will buy the next game now?

Associate
Looks like there has been some significant back peddling. My understanding is now all EOD players will get PVE with coop options and progression for free and this will be "rolled out in stages". Not sure what price non-EOD players will ultimately have to play, currently I believe they reduced this to about £125ish.

Back
Top Bottom