Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's taking me some effort to get used to the Desire default one, having come from 2 years worth of SE C902 texting.

The HTC Keyboard is much better than the stock Android one IMO, give it a couple of weeks before trying another. There are a couple of alternatives on the market, one of the most popular being 'better keyboard' I think.

Soldato
It's taking me some effort to get used to the Desire default one, having come from 2 years worth of SE C902 texting.

Try Shapewriter. Takes a bit of getting used to as you you move your finger along the screen past the letters you want,rather than tapping them.It's much quicker when you get used to it though.

Soldato
Settings > acounts and sync > google >

This then shows my Sync Calendar, Contacts and Mail.

The only option here i'm giving is to remove account?

I don't see the benefit in removing it though as surely you can just choose to either use gmail, or mail right?

Associate
newsRob - RSS reader
My Tracks - Google tracking app
LastFM
Fring - IM client
AG Newspapers UK Free
Dolphin and Opera browsers
Mileage - monitors your fuel economy
LastPass - password manager . paid app mobile and desktop, $1/month
NetSentry
Replica Island - game
Air Control - game
Texas Holdem
Shapewriter Keyboard - replacement keyboard
Wavesecure - Essential App!
WiFinder - Wi-Fi app

Soldato
Search for a Google app called Translate for Animals. A new revolutionary app which is able to translate speech from many mammals.

Associate
i'm a bit of an android newb, whats the benefit of all the backup apps people seem to use ?

Google syncs all your contacts/mail and any apps you might lose can be downloaded again from the market, what are people actually backing up ?

Last edited:
Soldato
are there any radio apps for listening to 5live and 5live extra?

on the touch hd I had wunder radio which has lots of radio stations, but it's currently for wm, iphone/ipod touch and bb. ment to be out for android this year, but as usual no confirmed date yet.

anyone tried the firefox beta yet? it's ment to be for the droid but i seem to remember Reading that it's been run on on other models, I'll find the link where I read it but think it was android community or similar.

what's the best player for playing mp3s? also is there an app similar to core player for playing divx/xvid/etc videos(so don't need to convert).

p.s. I'm not really expecting any replies to this, have got used to my posts not being answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom