Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Associate
OP
lol yea exactly what i thought when i seen it and i must say as sad as it sounds it is not to bad very addictive. do when you play it tho set up your controller if you have one manually set your buttons to how you want and also turn the sensitivity down of the steering makes for an easier drive on motorways and more realistic driving at slow speeds.
i have clocked up 11 hours game play so far since the 20th

Associate
OP
yea no it is a very good game guys the only thing i could think of that could hopefully be improved is the Full screen aa i have every thing set to max

Associate
OP
yea i do that quite a lot some times just pic up a load and chose a destination that i want to go to not just the highest paid jobs also watch out for the tol bridge

Associate
OP
Game is next to impossible with joystick, pad or keyboard. Get up to 50mph and hold the steering for half a second too long and you jack-knife lol. Quite good fun but I won't be buying it. Also, does it really take 8 gears just to get to 30mph :eek:

Use an xbox 360 pad and turn down/tweak the sensitivity of the steering in the truck also control the dead-zone of the pad,
But as far as the rest goes it is a good game for a sim. any other problems just ask

Associate
OP
Services is just for refuelling. You need to find a garage (indicated on your map by a little green spanner) to do repairs (and customise your rig)

lol i know 3 people that have had the engine light on at a very low mileage lol, but mine has now coverd almost 5k and still no breakdowns,;)

Associate
OP
No, but to be fair, I imagine the developers have to be careful where they pool their resources as this traditionally is not the type of game to get AAA type sales.

I would love a live persistent world with proximity voip for CB talk etc, localised weather, being able to run your own breakdown company - lol.

Who knows, if this sells well, we can hope.

Yea i agree but hopefully if good sales happen then you never know what will happen next i have told every one i know about it so, the more the better

Associate
OP
I can't drive over or get to the tyne bridge... or is that just because it's the demo. Also I seem to be in gateshead, not newcastle.

Also as a result of a bit of the old road rage I am now 35,000 euros in debt and I've only completed two jobs.

lol

Associate
OP
I took an off ramp a bit quickly and managed to topple my van. There isn't any way to get it back on the road (someone make an AA mod!) so I had to cancel the job and lost 12k. Boo!

I thought that the game got pretty boring after the 3rd 'mission'.

there is a way of getting back on the road call the assist by using the F keys on your sat nav type device i think it is either f6 or f7 then at bottom it will say all emergency service press enter

Associate
OP
I cant believe how much I love this game, I read this posy last night and was bored after Chelsea lost so I thought why not, 4 jobs down, no crashes I am loving this(demo mode still) and will look at buying it now, anyway of setting up the controller better as I dont want to use the keyboard at all really?

I am off to buy a large Thermos and make some sandwiches for the full experience!

Yea get a 360 controller and custom config your buttons to what eva you want to open options in game then controls and in second column click with mouse and press the relevant controller button. any more problems just ask ow and just a quick one turn down the sensitivity of the steering with a controller quite a bit makes for a more realistic experience and makes driving much easier

Back
Top Bottom