Evo XL - White

Associate
Well that time has come again for the end of year books to be done, figured I would upgrade rather that just spend more on Corp Tax :D, its all expenses.

Have all items now apart from the CPU as planning to use 14th Gen 14900K, however need to wait until the 17th October for this. So I might as well start getting the fiddly bits ready, the only items left to get now are the water cooling pipework/fittings, which I am still deciding to be Barrow or Alpha, I am just not a fan of the look of some of Alphas with the twists being patterned.

I get very little time so mainly will being do this over the next few weeks/months.

Started with the pump/res combo unit, which originally looked like this.

I stripped it down and also ordered all nice stainless screws.

Really pleased in the result at the end, have ordered a gromet, however once in position I might use a tad of sealant just to just finish it off nicely.

Next step will be fitting a radiator to see what fan screws I need to order in stainless steel etc.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have started to get all fittings etc now, also the nightmarish job of braiding all black cables to white.....

However thought I would flush a Alphacool rad to see if worth it, I was amazed how much came out! So i am going to have to flush them all now.

Soldato
Also recommend wearing gloves with plexi & white components - fingerprints show up in the most awkward of places, then you can't reach to clean them.

Look forward to more updates

Associate
Hi Matutu, this looks like it is going to be awesome to follow. As I've just mentioned in Project Distraction my son has taken an interest in WC, so, it is very interesting to see your comment about flushing the radiator. I would not have thought that would have been necessary with a brand new rad. Also a great tip from RedMogg about gloves and from mickeyflinn regarding a filter.

Associate
OP
Got some more done yesterday, I cant tell you how tight some of these measurements are! I am going to have a really hard time I think piping this boy.

Associate
This build is looking really close to what I'm aiming for with mine, except not sure I can justify the custom loop at the moment. How come you went for the black version of the graphics card Matutu? Is that because you're stripping it down for the waterblock anyway?

Soldato
I mentioned it in the main thread, but the light strip has a fault on all Evo XLs where it won't remember it was syncing from the motherboard. Looks like IO panels will have to be replaced.

Associate
OP
This build is looking really close to what I'm aiming for with mine, except not sure I can justify the custom loop at the moment. How come you went for the black version of the graphics card Matutu? Is that because you're stripping it down for the waterblock anyway?
Yes it has a EK white waterblock on it now :D, didnt see the point in paying the extra £100 for the white version when stripping it anyway.

I mentioned it in the main thread, but the light strip has a fault on all Evo XLs where it won't remember it was syncing from the motherboard. Looks like IO panels will have to be replaced.
Ah okay didn't see this, I was planning to sync the lights with the Lian Li L-connect controller, however currently wiring the Lian Li infinity fans etc is proving a challenge.

Associate
The attention to detail on this build is spot on, Right up my street. Can't wait to see this fully finished and filled up. Keep up the superb work.

Associate
OP
The attention to detail on this build is spot on, Right up my street. Can't wait to see this fully finished and filled up. Keep up the superb work.
Thanks!

Could have wrapped up the pipework last night, however was going to be about 5degree out, so waiting on some male to female extenders which are coming tomorrow :D

So started to do some wiring, hate this part.....

Not much more I can do now until tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Wondering how long it would take lol

What PSU did you go for Matutu, is that the Revolt 1600? (Assuming it is as it's in black?) Would the 1200 be enough for that build, as having a black PSU in a white build would trigger something in me! :)
No it is the 1200W at the time when I got all the items the black was only in stock and Phanteks/OC had no idea when the whites would be in stock. So I figured I wouldnt actually ever see it! So just closed my eyes and clicked the order button

I pretend its white

Back
Top Bottom