• 10am to Midday

• Midday to 2pm

• 2pm to 4pm

• 4pm to 6pm

• 6pm to 8pm

• Late

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Do you prefer an early race start time like 6am UK time (Japan, Las Vegas), traditional time like 1pm or 2pm or a later start 6pm, 8pm or even 10pm?

Poll option:
6am UK time,
1pm UK time,
3pm UK time,
6pm / 8pm / 10pm UK time

Soldato
I think in the modern age of not-racing I prefer an early start so they can get the 'show' over and done with, and you can feel better about it not interrupting the middle of your day, and maybe missing out doing something that may be more fun/interesting instead. My answer would change back if we ever see F1 go back to being far more interesting than it is currently is. So 6am-7am would be my preference for the current state of affairs.

Caporegime
I loved the 10 past the hour start they trialled a few years back. 210pm 310pm etc.

When the weather is nice the afternoon start is annoying being stuck in front of the telly for 2 hours. Then if the race is dull, it's even more annoying!. I'm more conscious of that now I'm in Spain, didn't bother me when I lived in the UK.

I don't mind getting up early on Sunday to watch the race so 7am-8am is perfect. However, I never make the effort for the early qualifying on Saturday, which is the trade-off. Can't be waking up at silly o'clock on both days of the weekend!

rp2000

Soldato
for me 6am-8am would be perfect , its not too early so dont need to go back to sleep can carry on with the rest of the day also dont need to worry about clashing with the footy, negative is I do watch every practice as well so wouldnt bother getting up for the early practices

Last edited:
Caporegime
If I could watch live it would be "late"

F1 is on in the summer. No way I'm staying in at midday when weather is amazing to watch what is usually a snooze fest.

But if watching replay (like I do) early is better.
As means the replay is ready by evening.

Caporegime
Very early every race so i can get up on a Sunday and watch the free highlights at 10am, without having to avoid the result for too long.

Last edited:
Associate
From 2pm for me - as it lines up nicely with my daughter's afternoon nap.

Before having a kid I used to love the early 6/7am races as I could watch it whilst my wife slept in bed and then crack on with the rest of the day.

Soldato
The earlier the better, then I can watch the recorded race in my own time and after the podium all the news sources will have been updated with the stewards decisions which were to be "investigated after the race" to get the real result.

Soldato
Mid after noon best for me. It's the time I'll most likely be able to watch it live, and if I can't, it's the least amount of time I have to hide away from news and social media until I can watch it in the evening.

Caporegime
I wish they'd go back to having them move more with local time, not a fan of shifting times to suit the European audience. I'd also like them to go back to being lunchtime races. It used to be you could watch the race then go and do something for the afternoon. Now, the afternoon is pretty much gone by the time the race is over.

Made worse by the ever increasing number of races and now sprints. I like F1 but I don't want it chewing up all my weekends.

Back
Top Bottom