F1 Track Tier List

Soldato
In my intense boredom and refreshing Youtube eternally I came across a video tier ranking all the F1 tracks from beginning to present day and thought it might be fun to see what the folks here think too! Original video:

Tier Maker Link:

Lets see what you've got :D (I'm working on mine now!)

Soldato
We've got some absolutely amazing tracks on the calendar, but they're ruined by the giant buses the drivers have to drive.
If we could maybe make cars that didn't need roads as wide as an airport runway, then we'd see the best from them.

Associate
We've got some absolutely amazing tracks on the calendar, but they're ruined by the giant buses the drivers have to drive.
If we could maybe make cars that didn't need roads as wide as an airport runway, then we'd see the best from them.
Its really noticeable if you watch old races from 1998-2008 how light and nimble the old cars were compared to now. I've seen a couple of side-by-side images and they're fat, heavy pigs now. Even on race fuel the older cars looked quite quick. The current ones are >900kg at race start.

The 2026 rules should have gone back to these smaller cars and just used a v6 turbo with KERS like 2009, but with slightly more capacity. I bet they could have got them in under 650kg even with the batteries. Imagine those cars with that sort of power, ground effect aero, active suspension and the lighter weight. They'd be amazing.

Soldato
Its really noticeable if you watch old races from 1998-2008 how light and nimble the old cars were compared to now. I've seen a couple of side-by-side images and they're fat, heavy pigs now. Even on race fuel the older cars looked quite quick. The current ones are >900kg at race start.

The 2026 rules should have gone back to these smaller cars and just used a v6 turbo with KERS like 2009, but with slightly more capacity. I bet they could have got them in under 650kg even with the batteries. Imagine those cars with that sort of power, ground effect aero, active suspension and the lighter weight. They'd be amazing.
Even watching the brawn doc and how much smaller that was.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
From Autosport - what if a 2023 car was the same size as one from 20 years earlier:

zt1vUQf.png

Sidepods that 'fill out' the floor more, and IMO a huge improvement in all respects.

***edit***

And hey. Go back another ten years to 1993 - Monaco that year saw 29 on-track overtakes for position. And the cars then were broadly the same overall width (tyre sidewall to sidewall) as the current crop. They were simply lighter and shorter.

Getting the length out of the cars has got to be a priority of any new ruleset for the constructors. And yeah, if it means the drivers have to sit up a bit to get their legs further back and the bodywork has to get fattened to cram all the oily bits in then great. Git 'er done. Got to be safer than burying a driver laid out flat in a huge wheeled missile that they can't see out of properly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom