In nVidia control panel I have set:
Low Latency = On
Monitor tech - G-Sync compatible
Preferred refresh rate = Highest available
Threaded Optimisation = On
Triple Buffering = On
V-Sync = Off
Virtual pre-rendered fames = 1

Also, for those stuck on odd resolutions on 3440x1440p displays, change the Windows scaling back to 100%
I have been trying to find Fallout4.ini but have totally failed. Not in Steam folders, not in any My Documents folders and not in %appdata%

Please give me a clue as I can find Fallout4Prefs.ini quite easily.

Associate
I have been trying to find Fallout4.ini but have totally failed. Not in Steam folders, not in any My Documents folders and not in %appdata%

Please give me a clue as I can find Fallout4Prefs.ini quite easily.
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4, also forget to say, save as "Read Only".

Soldato
ZPascalionZ has a Power Armour texture mod now to go with the four armour / clothing mods.

Have you read any of the comments...?

They include....

FO4-FI-HD-Series-HD-Power-Armor-at-Fallout-4-Nexus-Mods-and-community.png

.....I suppose it can depend how you feel about the decals that are applied to some of the armour. For some the Nuka Girl is somewhat iconic when she does appear.
IIRC there was something similar noted in one of his other texture armour (?) mods, but he deleted that thread, apparently.

not taking anything away from the work that has been done, but, as mentioned, the decal thing might bother you.

Soldato
is there any way to get this 120 FPS?

I have locked mine to 90fps, seems to be holding so far, at 4k. I use the new Nvidia app and it has selected optimised settings for the game that seem to look great and perform well.
I'll need to see how that holds up in busier sections, but at least the GPU load has reduced to around 70% or so, since letting Nvidia choose my settings.
The point I'm making is that the Nvidia app might be useful for you.

Nvidia.png

Last edited:
Associate
I have locked mine to 90fps, seems to be holding so far, at 4k. I use the new Nvidia app and it has selected optimised settings for the game that seem to look great and perform well.
I'll need to see how that holds up in busier sections, but at least the GPU load has reduced to around 70% or so, since letting Nvidia choose my settings.
The point I'm making is that the Nvidia app might be useful for you.

Nvidia.png
Thanks I have the app so will try it later

Soldato
Have you read any of the comments...?

They include....

FO4-FI-HD-Series-HD-Power-Armor-at-Fallout-4-Nexus-Mods-and-community.png

.....I suppose it can depend how you feel about the decals that are applied to some of the armour. For some the Nuka Girl is somewhat iconic when she does appear.
IIRC there was something similar noted in one of his other texture armour (?) mods, but he deleted that thread, apparently.

not taking anything away from the work that has been done, but, as mentioned, the decal thing might bother you.
I didn't to be honest, I'll have another look through the treads tonight to see what people are saying. It looks like this is maybe just a quick AI job that hasn't had much care put into it.

Soldato
I didn't to be honest, I'll have another look through the treads tonight to see what people are saying. It looks like this is maybe just a quick AI job that hasn't had much care put into it.

When I downloaded one of his other armour mods I noted a thread forming from someone who claimed to be skilled at using AI generated images and upscaling etc etc. He mentioned that there are tell tale artefacts and other aspects of the mod to suggest that AI upscaling was used to create the work. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing, but I think the modder was suggesting the opposite in the description.
I did go back later to read it, but noted it missing. It was only when I went to read te comments in this latest mod that it referred to a deletion that made me wonder.

Not that the mod is not good at what it offers, just noting the Nuka Girl change can be significant for some who like the lore etc of the traditional game.

Soldato
When I downloaded one of his other armour mods I noted a thread forming from someone who claimed to be skilled at using AI generated images and upscaling etc etc. He mentioned that there are tell tale artefacts and other aspects of the mod to suggest that AI upscaling was used to create the work. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing, but I think the modder was suggesting the opposite in the description.
I did go back later to read it, but noted it missing. It was only when I went to read te comments in this latest mod that it referred to a deletion that made me wonder.

Not that the mod is not good at what it offers, just noting the Nuka Girl change can be significant for some who like the lore etc of the traditional game.
To be honest I don't even use Power Armour in Fallout 4 as I find it too clunky and the fusion cores get eaten up too quickly. Looking through the comments however I feel the mod author is taking the criticism the wrong way which is never a good thing.

Caporegime
OP
A release version of the F4SE is now available for the NG build...

Brilliant!!!!!

Thank you Vimes, will update OP

Soldato
Dimbo dumbo Q @Neil79 In the OP, is the MOD list in order of load?
I'm playing on SX but I'll take s chance stuff that does not require F4SE will work on SX (assuming it is available on the creation club as an option).

Caporegime
OP
Dimbo dumbo Q @Neil79 In the OP, is the MOD list in order of load?
I'm playing on SX but I'll take s chance stuff that does not require F4SE will work on SX (assuming it is available on the creation club as an option).

Yep! I'm installing one after the other :cool:

and doing short tests. If there's any issues you come across let me know :cool:

Back
Top Bottom