Fallout 4 possibly/hopefully

Associate
I loved FO3 but thought New Vegas was awful, compared to games like Oblivion and Skyrim it doesn't feel as convincing so they've got a lot of work cut out to catch up now.

Hope they pull it off but I'll get it when it's on Steam sale..

There's a huge split here... Some people loved NV.

I personally wasn't convinced and found FO3 more enjoyable, but 'more of the same but a bit different' wasn't a terrible thing.

I forget that eventually we'll get a FO4, and so this is huge on my excitement meter.

Soldato
Looking forward to this one, since they announced the Skyrim team had moved over to Fallout 4 lots of speculation including return of Three Dog and set in Boston. :)

Would make sense, I think I remember reading that the Bethesda Fallout games will be taking place in the western states, where as anything done by Obsidian will continue the stories, narrative threads and whatnot from the original Fallout games by staying in the East. Think it was done as Todd Howard (Bethesda), didn't want to ruin anything done by Obsidian/Black Isle in the past. Works well this way imo too, both studios can have a bit more free rein without nessesarily treading on toes.

I personally liked New Vegas better, but both are very very good games.

Soldato
Was also rumoured to involve the Commonwealth as the main antagonist, which would be cool if it was involving an AI rebellion like the plot line in Fallout 3. Was only a minor quest but one I hope they explore again.

Associate
guys i come across this

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

This newly registered domain has one too many Fallout 4 hints to not be related to the post-apocalyptic series.
A new domain has been registered by Bethesda, and while nothing can be confirmed at this time, all the signs point to it relating to a brand new Fallout game. Yes, Fallout 4 might have finally been outed.

The domain is titled "The Survivor," which sounds eerily familiar to the name of a Fallout protagonist. Vault Dweller, Chosen One, Lone Wanderer, Courier – The Survivor could fit right into the group. The website itself is nothing but a blank screen, but it’s accompanied by a loud beeping that one Reddit user considers to be Morse code.

Bizarre, right? Another user on Reddit claims that the code is 11.12.13, which could the date of the big announcement.

The year associated with the domain is 2299, which once again sounds like another clue to the setting of Fallout 4. The below image shows fallout.js script related to the site, which is empty at this time, but still another piece of this post-apocalyptic puzzle.

lXd4PYr.png

only image i could find sorry

Associate
I hope it is FO4 I'll be ordering it a.s.a.p if it is. all rumors and evidence is pointing to a 4th game including the count down video on youtube, people have looked at the souce code of the channel and shows hints.

Caporegime
Could say it about COD,BF,ect lol

fanboys around so carefull

I'd say it is more relevant to the games you mentioned.

Even though they are technically the same series of games, you can't really count Fallout 1 & 2 in this, for most people Fallout 3 was the "first fallout game" and most people who played it probably never played the other two, or even knew how old they were.

So with this new release there would only really be three on the table, 3, New Vegas and 4. 3 was amazing, New Vegas didn't have the right vibe for me, i'm sure plenty of people (myself included) are hoping and praying for a game like Fallout 3 but with current gen graphics.

I also hope lessons have been learned from the steaming turd that was 'RAGE'

Caporegime
i loved Fallout 3 and didnt get on with NV at all for some reason.

Fallout 3 was soul wrenching, it was creepy, it made me question my morales, it made me think deeply, I got engrossed, tried to put myself in the characters shoes, it triggered me into wondering how I would have felt. Even the music and the colour scheme added to the overall experience for me. Nothing was too alive, the people were broken. The surroundings were deserted, depressing, hopeless and dusty. I could sense peoples desperation in the final moments, I could sense the broken minds and the suffering. It made me think "what if this had actually happened?" and it made me realise how real the possibility of something like that happening is. It made me wonder how I would live in that world. All of those things helped to make Fallout 3 great. New Vegas just didn't have that 'magic'.

Did I mention that Fallout 3 is my favourite videogame of all time and I consider it a masterpiece? :D

I am just praying that Fallout 4 brings back that 'magic'.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I totally understand the fans the game has, I like the games but I am not a hardcore fan. But we all know what happens when they push to far milking cash, they will make a sub par game and fans will be screaming blue murder.

Soldato
I loved FO3, but NV seemed too slow. I dont know whether it was down to the large wide open spaces, but it just seemed like you were at walking pace, even when running. I'd get halfway to a map marker and realise i needed to go somewhere else and just couldn't be bothered to spend another 20 mins walking over a barren desert.

I tried a mod that was supposed to give you a faster sprint speed, but couldn't get it to work (what a surprise).

Hopefully if they do make another it will be more like skyrim with regards to movement speed.

Back
Top Bottom