Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
Just finished this also. I wasn't enjoying the early episodes at all, but stuck with it because people were saying it gets better. And it does. I liked the last two episodes when finally some meat got put on the plot and characters. But it took them way too much time to get there, lots of ponderous pouty padding along the way. I don't think they got the pacing right at all.

Caporegime
Is that guy with no nose the same guy from maze runner 3?

it's watchable if you put it on in the background while you spring clean. Solid 5/10.

Also walter goggins was still in make up from maze runner 3. That's just cheap. Especially for a main character

200w.gif

Associate
Thought this was great! Very excited for the 2nd season, even the Mrs got into it :D
Ha same, which is saying something for a show based on a game.
Finished it last night, enjoyed it overall but took a long time to finally do some actual story reveal. Watching with subtitles on was funny in the last episode for the descriptor of "brain on a roomba" :cry:

Soldato
but as a series it doesn't stand on its own feet and I can't see anyone who doesn't already know the fallout series watching it.

6.5/10

Never played the games, but love games, apocalyptic shows and Walton Goggins. Binged S1 this week and just finished - really enjoyed it, Lucy ain't too bad to look at either :)

As for the wokeness, i didn't see any! Reading the posts here is how i learned there was a trans character. Unlike the recent Doctor Who who had the characters announce every 30 seconds they were trans or something had offended them, this was spot on - let the actor do their stuff. And Ponch! Recognised him straight away :)

Not sure about the actor playing Maximus, didn't do it for me - he just seems a dumb idiot and stares at the camera a lot, must have come from the Joey 'smell the fart' school of acting. Maybe that's his character and the actor played him well? Maybe we will see him develop and become an actual hero? Although the "pimple" eruption scene had me spit my tea :)

Okey Dokey

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought it was fine.

I'm not a massive fan of the games, and only really got into the 3rd and finished that. This finally made me grab 4, but I'm struggling with it, I'm just sick of open world stuff.

However, this TV show was fun, had some good dialogue and kept the story lines concise and had excellent pacing. Good sound and the visuals had a spot on grimey look while also retaining that "video-game" aesthetic.

It didn't however get anywhere near TLoU in terms of storytelling, tension or chemistry between characters. That show was near perfect as an adaptation from game to screen. Fallout just leaned a little too much on the games and could have gone darker and bleaker in places, there never seemed to be any real peril or risk for the main characters.

On a normal rating system I'd give it a solid 6/10 and will definitely be watching the second season.

Associate
If you're not a fan of the games then obviously you won't like a TV show based closely on the games...?

I thought it captured the tone well and worked just fine, apparently as do a significant number of other people.
It has its flaws, everything does, but it was a fun romp around the wasteland.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah never played the games or game for that matter and this was a fun and wild scifi show, you don't get tv shows like this at all due to budget but am glad they did this and hope season 2 is in the pipe works.

Caporegime
Two episodes in and we're really liking it. I dabbled in the games so only know the basics but like the effort they've put into the translation. Only just found out the main woman is English, decent accent.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Spoke to mama d3k yesterday and said she binge watched the show :eek:

Hadn’t heard of the franchise and knows nothing about the game world, but still loved it. High praise!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom