Fanxiang S880

Soldato
No experience myself but Google should give you a good idea of others experience. One thing i will say though is depending on the value you put on your data and time is a saving of £10-30 really worth it?

Associate
OP
No experience myself but Google should give you a good idea of others experience. One thing i will say though is depending on the value you put on your data and time is a saving of £10-30 really worth it?
This is what I am trying to establish. There is few reviews online, but the ones that there are say its a very good drive using parts found in other well know brands.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This is what I am trying to establish. There is few reviews online, but the ones that there are say its a very good drive using parts found in other well know brands.

I have no idea about the reputation of this brand, but I'd have a concern that these components won't be fixed. Not that more reputable brands don't do exactly the same thing with swapping components.

Do you know what the controller is and what NAND it uses? You could then check newmaxx's spreadsheet to see what equivalent drives cost.

Soldato
[UPDATE 2023-06-08] All of the testing done in this review is still valid. However, I cannot recommend this drive to anyone that is serious about their data. If you are just buying it for a game drive/media drive with high tolerance to data-loss, I guess this makes a good choice given the performance is quite good. If not, I would say stay away from it until the quality control improves. As for me, I decided to return both of them.

I would buy a more reputable brand, such as Samsung or Sabrent, if I were you.

Soldato
Bought two x 1Tb, both failed within 3 months. Had to quote Consumer Rights Act at Big River rep in order to force them to accept their return (they tried to palm me off on Fanxiang's non-existent customer service/warranty department).
Avoid.

Will buy 2x WD SN850X instead, for the sake of another £26.

If you're on a tight budget, the 5100Mb/s WD SN770 1Tb is good value at £69.

Back
Top Bottom