Fastershire / Gigagclear 1000Mbps fibre to the property

Soldato
Anyone here got the new "fastershire" fibre network installed and live yet?

Gigaclear are digging mine into my property as we speak and should be live before Christmas
1000Mbps line straight to my door (FTTP/H) :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm going to be like a dog with two dicks :D :D :D

Living in the sticks I have suffered with crap internet speeds since it was invented, absolute max for me is around.....
4792703866.png

at the moment :o:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

Finally being brought out of the dark ages. :cool:

Soldato
OP
Currently as said, I am in the sticks, so it is my ONLY other option... No sky / virgin out here.
If I want the full 1000 unlimited it's £72 a month inc vat. High, but not stupidly high.
I pay average of £50 at the moment so I can get a low contention ratio line of 20:1 I think other wise it grinds to a stop on weekday evenings.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm going to rewire the house this weekend so the cables can keep up, I don't think they are even cat 5e :D :o
Means I can run ethernet to all the TV's directly. :cool: :o

Soldato
OP
True. VM's upload speed is pathetic and gets throttled after a certain amount of data is transferred.

I'd definitely pay £70 per month to reduce the amount of time it takes to upload data.

Yep, upload is also 1000Mbps.. :o Giggety.

Soldato
OP
Hahaha the BT joke was pretty good but the icing on the cake was the BT guy in the audience during questions at the end..

Definitely on board with these guys :cool:

Soldato
OP
Our village has been flyered for this, i really hope they built it out to us. The next village over is already live a couple of miles away.

Post some results when its live :)

Will do, came home to an already tarmaced trench across my frontage and my front lawn is a pile of dirt at the moment. :D

Soldato
OP
Will do as I've gone for the self install option at £68 for 100m of the kevlar "road fibre" into my house. I can't dig the trench yet until I find out where they decide to put the connection point.
If they put it near my drive I shall havce to run it down the edge of the drive which means digging up the tarmac.
Hopefully they put it a little further down the verge so I can come straight across the garden.

This is what you get from Gigaclear for the "self install"
Video should start in the correct place (unless you want to watch it all :D)

Edit, OK that didn't work... start it at 1.34

Soldato
OP
Hahaha :D
I did think about leaving a little note..
The guys actually doing the digging contract (Complete Utilities) I actually know through their bosses race car ( The cream coloured Herbie if you remember it)
I've already said to their boss "hope your lads to a good job" :D

Soldato
OP
The modules were specific to that cable as it's solid core type.
Both modules and cable were Cat6a specific.
The end connectors I didn't use after a little redesign as I bought enough patch cables to go from both ends of the patress mounted modules
4 gang module in the attic
2 gang in one room and another 2 gang in another.
So now the cable is mounted solidly and the patch cables that are multi strand can be moved around a bit with less issue.

Soldato
OP
Dear Andy,

Excellent news! Your Gigaclear ultrafast fibre broadband service is on its way! Our contractors have been building your fibre-optic network in your community.

Here's a quick look at what we have been doing in your local area as we continue to build the network.

The Gigaclear fibre cabinet went live at the beginning of December 2015 which enables us to test individual connections before they can be made live for customer use.

The fibre broadband connection points (pots) at the boundary of each property will be tested and expected to be useable by our customers between the middle of December 2015 and the end of December 2015.

Customers that have not had their in-property installation performed will need to arrange for this to take place. Please see instructions below on installation options.

We anticipate the Gigaclear network build to be completed by the end of December 2015.

Self-installation.
Customers that have selected the self-install option, will be contacted to verify the cable length required (the distance between your fibre 'pot' and the location required for the router in your property) and informed when their self-install kit will be despatched*.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Soldato
OP
Congratulations, your Gigaclear fibre cabinet is now live in Badgeworth!
Dear Andy,

We are delighted to announce that the Gigaclear cabinet in Badgeworth is now live and connected to the Gigaclear network. Our contractors will continue the construction of your fibre optic network throughout your community.

Still no sign of my own optic cable and router I ordered, to go from pot to house though, so that is now the next step.
I hope I don't have to be out digging a trench in the snow next week.
(They give you two weeks to install the fibre/ make the connection before starting the direct debit!)
:eek: :D

Soldato
OP
I think the fibre will be too thin to push through over 50m and it's not a straight line from my gate either. I'd have to put a wire or some other string in to pull it through I think, which will be just as difficult.

What I was going to do is bury it in sand and then re-lay the tarmac on the top. They do suggest it's robust enough to do that..

Back
Top Bottom