To have lasted that long
The main danger to it is probably the council
They're digging up everything in sight
Between fixing the multitude of potholes
Burst water mains
And putting in services for the vast amount of new houses
That are replacing all the local farmers fields

Associate
Had my FTTP installed today by Gigaclear. When I moved into the house 2 years ago they were doing the surrounding areas then eventually enabled our road. Had to wait a while because their initial site visit somehow didn't discover that they would have to go over power cables so when the engineers turned up in March they couldnt do the installation, which was pretty annoying.

But fair play to Gigaclear, they escalated the issue before I even got a chance to complain, assigned me a case manager and called to explain what they were doing and how long it would take. Then as soon as my line was working he called me again to check everything had worked well, so they dealt with it really well.

The guys doing the installation were great and did a fairly complicated install, coming off the telegraph pole on the opposite side of the road, over the power cable to the roof, then going round the fascia of the roof, in the wall, up into the loft then routing the cable through the loft and down into an old airing cupboard. So far so good and I'm getting 392 down / 434 up on a 400Mbps package which is cheaper than my old broadband.

Back
Top Bottom