First Hands on with Bitspower CR802 Reservoir Combo

Soldato
My first hands on with Bitspower's CR802 Reservoir combo that was featured at CES 2024 at the beginning of this year. The finish on this is one of the best i've seen so far as expected from Bitspower, they haven't lost their touch as being one of the high end manufacturers of watercooling components. I'm hoping this year they make more of a presence in the market and do more advertising. As many of you will agree from the early 2000's Bitspower was the go to brand for watercooling gear for those that could afford it at the time. I remember being in awe of the people who could buy their stuff and proudly display it in their systems.

There's gonna be a whole bunch of other photos coming throughout the week while i sort everything out that was sent to me.

Associate
Looks superb.
You’re right about Bitspower. Sadly nowadays the idea of shoving cheap plastic, and loads of RGB seems to sell any poor product, and most products now are just copy and paste from others.
Too bad watercooling parts are eye watering expensive now, no many places sourcing them in the UK, and buying from abroad, after Brexit, makes it even more expensive.

Soldato
OP
Looks superb.
You’re right about Bitspower. Sadly nowadays the idea of shoving cheap plastic, and loads of RGB seems to sell any poor product, and most products now are just copy and paste from others.
Too bad watercooling parts are eye watering expensive now, no many places sourcing them in the UK, and buying from abroad, after Brexit, makes it even more expensive.

I totally agree with you, i really wish RGB wasn't in every single part sold. The fact that we can get RGB fittings, says it all really.. one step too far.

I like idea of gently illuminating something to give it some contrast but not full balls out blaring lights. Diffused light is where it should be at if manu's decide they want to take a RGB route, it looks so much classier imo.

Res is just a res, but this dragon plug is gorgeous

I missed a small feature on the dragon logo that i forgot to photograph. The logo is actually magnetic and interchangeable i believe. There's a allen key insert behind it that allows for easier loosening/tightening.

The fine detail on the logo is fantastic.

Soldato
OP
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Are there any kind of mounting points to help secure it at all?

Yes there is, it comes with 2 sets. They attach to the side with long screws that go all the way through the reservoir block on the sides. You can see the holes in the pictures where it goes through. These screw through into a spacer.

Edit: Thee spacer also has magnets pushed in, so technically you could use it screwless?

Last edited:
Associate
Yes there is, it comes with 2 sets. They attach to the side with long screws that go all the way through the reservoir block on the sides. You can see the holes in the pictures where it goes through. These screw through into a spacer.

Edit: Thee spacer also has magnets pushed in, so technically you could use it screwless?
Nice one, thanks for confirming.

Soldato
Like that you have picked an orange to rather than a banana. Matches the theme of the Orange bitspower box. :cry:
He didn't pick an orange originally
He was going to use a banana :cry:

Someone I wonder who talked him out of the banana :cry:
Was meant to be a can of coke etc (standard 330ml size)
Since Bananas and oranges come in different sizes
But he's got a sense of humour luckily

Soldato
OP
Like that you have picked an orange to rather than a banana. Matches the theme of the Orange bitspower box. :cry:

He didn't pick an orange originally
He was going to use a banana :cry:

Someone I wonder who talked him out of the banana :cry:
Was meant to be a can of coke etc (standard 330ml size)
Since Bananas and oranges come in different sizes
But he's got a sense of humour luckily

The orange was literally the only thing i had on hand, don't even have a coke can to compare :cry:.

This is gonna be a thing from now on, orange for comparison.. or satsuma or clem :cry:

Soldato
Looks alright to me tbh :cry:
Actually looks great
Also makes your photos more memorable
Internet is full of photos
Of pc stuff/watercooling stuff
But now people can say oh yeah
They guy who has an orange in his photos
There's actually a guy sells pcs on Facebook
He puts a cactus in his photos
It does make you remember them as being different
From all the others