First Water Project: The Mad Titan

Associate
OP
Well, it looks like there will be 2 x 1080's in this version of the build. Shame. Now i definitely don't need 2KW! Ah well! At least I now have headroom should 4 cards be a possibility in the near future.

Cheers
Ben

Associate
OP
nah it's just marketing gimmick. All ram, at the same speed and cas latency should give equal performance.
The differences come in overclocking ability, the ability to run high mhz, the ability to run at low cas, stuffs like that. Even cheap basic no heatsink corsair ram @ 3000Mhz 16-16-16-35 should give equal performance compared to a much more higher class Corsair Dom @3000Mhz 16-16-16-35.

I thought there were differences with the actual IC's used?
Thanks for the info, much appreciated! Basically I need to weigh up aesthetics and performance then! :)

Cheers!
Ben

Associate
OP
Delivered: Mayhems Liquids
Delivered: Mayehms Blitz Kit
Delivered: Primochill Tubing (in case I need it)
Delivered: Bitspower fittings for Primochill (not my PETG order from Bitspower)

8sfMzMJl.jpg

I have move to my den now for the build! :D

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cool. What colour scheme? ...or is it a surprise?
Have you gone for plastic style sleeving (Teleios/MDPC-X) or paracord?

I went paracord in purple, yellow and black, hoping it will look awesome! I considered plastic but wasn't convinced that it wouldn't be shiny or reflective, but I am not that knowledgeable about custom sleeving! :)

Cheers
Ben

Associate
OP
Delivered: MSI Godlike Gaming Carbon
Delivered: Samsung V-NAND 950 Pro M.2 (512gb)
Delivered: Samsung V-NAND 850 Evo (500gb)
Delivered: FREE MSI DS502 Headset

MsrQqjMl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
First parts in place to see if the distance works - man, i spent so long with a spirit level on the reservoirs!!!!

aIG0M4Jl.jpg
1QPA99sl.jpg

This is by no means what the end result will look like as I am customizing the case a little before I'm done!

Those of you with keen eyes will spot the M2 already installed on the board, i love that thing! The Bitspower pieces are just there to add idea of look/scheme...

Cheers
Ben

Back
Top Bottom