Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Man of Honour
wow nice one, so thats about 45cm, i think the largest i had at the marina the end of last year was ~33-34cm, so thats quite a slab you got yourself there :o

Soldato
Don't suppose anybody on here goes match fishing? I'm from staffordshire and after having a year or two away, am itching to get back into it.

Not at the moment. With sea fish & charters you typically need to build up a bit of a relationship with the skipper.

There's the pollack comp which I would be really interested in but the Brighton marina land lord simply decided to dredge the fuel pontoon out the blue on the same day as the competition.

Soldato
Fishing with Cainer today, sunny with a cutting wind - well supposedly there was a wind :D The new suit kept that at bay nicely. Managed a crackoff which was more line a knot failure :/

Saved from a blank by a little rockling on the last retrieve :D

Man of Honour
^^ i was cold all evening after that fishing session, i would have had a wind proof jacket if my car didnt have a flooded footwell and soaked it :/

MlDD34F.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So our wrecking got downgraded to drifting for fatties.

Cold, piercing wind .. well I was snug and warm.

Blank for me.. couple of things:
a) think the weight was bumping along a bit to much
b) uptide corner.. so that means the fatties got to everyone before they got to me
c) need to nail the lug to the floor with just a 15cm max snood from the lead to the hook.

Man of Honour
Bit Windy Miller looking at some of the webcams along the south coast,
gusts to over 50mph forcasted for this afternoon at Selsey, and over 70mph for tomorrow night :o

Soldato
Bit Windy Miller looking at some of the webcams along the south coast,
gusts to over 50mph forcasted for this afternoon at Selsey, and over 70mph for tomorrow night :o

Fished the day before, yesterday, and this morning :D

Haven't caught a thing :D Not too mad in terms of wind here :D

Man of Honour
Thinking measuring retrieve then the time to retrieve.

an 8ft rod with a couple of ounces, probably anywhere from 40 to 60 yards id have thought,
i only get just over 100yrds with my 12' 8" Zziplex with 4.5oz, judging distance over water is very tricky, very easy to over estimate
next time were down the beach have a few practice casts along the shore and we'l measure it ;)
got a work start date yet? im back down there again soon, il email you...

Last edited:
Soldato
The CGG Alize is 100m x 23m so that's a good measure.. thing I've found the splash down.

Seems that youtube compresses the 1080 image badly..

thinking.png

I did some triangulation to get my position and then plotted the splashdown on, I think I'm hitting about 50m..

Soldato
Going boat fishing from Fleetwood today. My nephew started fishing the canal and river last year so I got this as a Christmas prezzy. Better than computer games imo. Going with my missus, brother, and nephew.

Weather is light rain due to get heavier with 15kts from the SW. Apparently the codling are biting, there is the occasional sea bass, and plenty of dogfish, flatfish, and such. Sweet.

Man of Honour
Going boat fishing from Fleetwood today. My nephew started fishing the canal and river last year so I got this as a Christmas prezzy. Better than computer games imo. Going with my missus, brother, and nephew.

Weather is light rain due to get heavier with 15kts from the SW. Apparently the codling are biting, there is the occasional sea bass, and plenty of dogfish, flatfish, and such. Sweet.

nice, good luck, post some pics of your catch if you can :)

Soldato

How did it go?

Soldato
The weather wasn't great and the fish weren't really biting but I had a great time. There were eleven people fishing and in total we got nine dogfish, a couple of small dab, and lots of mini-crabs. In a four hour trip :(

Still here is my dogfish:

dogfish_zps28revkrv.png

Both my nephew and I lost biggish flatfish at the surface. Everybody else kept their catch but I put mine back :cool:

Back
Top Bottom