Fixed penalty and 3 points for snow on roof?

Soldato
And it'll easily cause damage if it falls off and hits the car behind.

Well considering the average stopping distance is 23 meters on dry roads and way, way more on icy roads you shouldn't be close enough that if ice fell off it would land on your car.

I'm pretty sure more accidents are caused by people keeping up peoples asses on icy roads than people not clearing their roofs

Keep your distance and keep an eye on your own driving rather than criticising everyone else,

*edit* Wow, when I replied to this it was on the front page, seriously, only realised I had bumped when I read my post back

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally Posted by The Highway code
Rule #229

Before you set off
• you MUST be able to see, so clear all snow and ice
from your windows
• you MUST ensure that lights are clean and number
plates are clearly visible and legible
• make sure the mirrors are clear and windows are demisted
thoroughly
• remove all snow that might fall into the path of other
road users
• check your planned route is clear of delays and that no
further snowfall or severe weather are predicted.

Surrey Police were pulling people when we had some pretty heavy snow, quoting the above. Result - Fixed Penalty and 3 points.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Quite, if it's not a MUST in the highway code, it's merely a guideline, one that can be used against you in civil matters though.

I still don't believe that endorsable fixed penalties are being given out for this as legislation is required to bring out a new one. They would have to send each offender to magistrates court (who may, indeed, choose to give out 3 points and a £60 fine) rather than process this through the fixed penalty system.

Back
Top Bottom