Football Rule(s) question

Man of Honour
Just depends on the way it is done. if it is blatant obstruction without possession/control of the ball nor trying to play it then it should be blown up for.

Man of Honour
The problem I have with shepherding is when the player has no interest whatsoever in playing the ball, their sole interest is in blocking the opponent often so much so that they aren't even getting closer to the ball, just shuffling along, crouched over slightly to lower their centre of gravity, holding arms out to stop the guy going round them.

I don't have a problem with players shielding the ball in cases where they have/are actually going to play it (e.g. when you see the team in the lead go into the corner at the end of the match, ball being touched, sometimes attempt to play off the defender for a throw in/corner etc).

Soldato
On the subject of football rules my mate was asking me something the other day which i didnt know.

He thought that the captain could only be changed if the current captain leaves the field, However when G Neville played for 10mins in the Champions league, he took the armband off Ferdinand and Ferdinand stayed on the pitch.

Is that allowed?

Soldato
Yes, its the same as how its changed if captain leaves the field, its given to a secondary captain, except in this case its given to a more primary captain.

Soldato
depends who you play with. some refs in sunday league see it as distracting the others. but thats only with vague stuff like mine and leave it. put a name on it and your fine.

Soldato
OP
So generally we are agreed it is unsporting and you can get pulled up on it. what about when it is shouted and the opposition is not near the ball or in the position to intercept/challenge for it?

Back
Top Bottom