Ford Fiesta (Mk6) high level brake light

Soldato
The missus Fiesta has blown the high level rear brake light, sadly Ford in their infinite wisdom fail to mention in the manual what bulb it takes, and none of the bulb websites have been any good, neither have Halfords!

The bulb looks like a larger version of the normal 5W side light bulbs, but it's definitely bigger having compared them in Halfords.

Any ideas on what bulb this takes?

Soldato
OP
Doesn't say on the bulb no, and in Halfords it doesn't list a bulb for the high level brake light on the Mk 6

Soldato
OP
^Tried it, in three motorfactors, all told me "It's a side light bulb", got one out, put next to each other....surprise surprise no it's not. Even tried a side light bulb in the holder but it won't fit.

Associate
Just call the parts desk of your local dealer up and ask them what it should be. They will be more than happy to tell you and getting it direct from Ford probably wont be any more expensive than from Halfords.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
how do you get the light unit out to get to the bulb? my car had a bump on the back end and i think the bulb has gone and cant find anything anywere on how to get the bulb out? cheers lee

Associate
To remove, open the hatch and remove the rubber gromits from behind the light. there are 2 clips holding the light in place. Just push these with a screw driver and they will pop off. then pull the light out. Carefully though as this is where the rear window washer line is. then pull the bulb out, it is a wedge fit so does NOT screw in, Just pull and to put back just push firmly.

Everyone seems to be having trouble finding these bulbs, but I can recommend this one:
Brand: LUCAS
Model:LLB955

Works a treat

Back
Top Bottom