Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

Caporegime
Morning all, just added a few small items from the OcUK site, in my basket its showing RM delivery, its showing my forum account as connected?

Does it come of pre payment does anyone know - Thanks
Same here. Went to order something and postage not coming off. It was small, less than £20 though if that matters?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Same here. Went to order something and postage not coming off. It was small, less than £20 though if that matters?
TERMS & CONDITIONS

• Internet orders only
  • Free shipping applies to destinations within mainland UK only and excludes Highlands and Islands
  • Order value must be over £20 to receive free delivery
  • OcUK reserves the right to choose the method of shipping, which for the purpose of Free Shipping will be DPD Next Day or Royal Mail Standard Delivery
  • Members who openly spam to increase post count will have their post count reduced
  • OcUK reserves the right to withdraw this offer at their discretion at any time
  • Not applicable to certain special offers

Min £20 spend for free postage. I assume to protect against postage writing off any margins.

Caporegime
Must be a new thing. Probably wise. :p

I think I ordered a single OcUK energy drink with free postage about 10 years ago to see if they'd do it... They did.

Last edited:
Associate
Hmmm - I've somehow lost my link to my OCUK account and then somehow now that I've re-linked I can't seem to find the free postage option?

Associate
Need to spend at least £20 before postage
My basket is currently £30.

Also everytime I go to the profile page, the "account linked" section keeps resetting to asking me to log in. Like nothing is saving at the moment. I tried changing my contact number for example and the page just throws an error that "email already used". Looks like there's a website problem?

Last edited:
Underboss
My basket is currently £30.

Also everytime I go to the profile page, the "account linked" section keeps resetting to asking me to log in. Like nothing is saving at the moment. I tried changing my contact number for example and the page just throws an error that "email already used". Looks like there's a website problem?
Hi

Goto https://help.overclockers.co.uk/hc/en-gb
Click submit ticket
On the pull down menu box there is an option of account queries

Associate
It depends on the value of the item and how big or small it is. Something like a single NVME might come by RM but a box of 3-4 items would normally be DPD or anything big like a gaming chair or monitor by DPD as well.
I don't think you can go by the size on three seperate occasions I have had it through dpd, One was a hard drive and the other was a OC mat and the other was a webcam.

Last edited:
Commissario
I don't think you can go by the size on two seperate occasions I have had it through dpd, One was a hard drive and the other was a OC mat.
I think as she says it's a matrix, probably size/weight/value and possibly "which service has capacity"/"which service costs more".

I've had HDD's delivered by both DPD and RM from OCUK, I suspect for a bunch of things with the way RM have been upping their prices and the volume discounts OCUK are probably getting from DPD these days that it may not cost much more to send DPD.
If it was a big OCUK mat it would possibly have been cheaper to have sent via DPD than RM due to the size when rolled up (if it's over 45cm on any side it becomes a large parcel or possibly tube, whilst DPD probably still go by weight).

Something I realised years ago was that sometimes as a consumer a courier/Parcel Force was cheaper for the same size item than RM.

Last edited:
Associate
The link it seems.......

Would it show up after a 1,000 posts?
No. The Terms and Conditions say....

WHO QUALIFIES

This offer applies to
  • OcUK Forums members who have 250 or more posts and have been registered for over 90 days, or
  • OcUK Forums members who have been registered for over 12 months and made at least 100 posts

I joined in January 2007 and have 599 posts.

Anyway, way back in 2017,I purchased many components and received Free Postage!

Does anyone know how to fix this missing link? Free postage is needed, because it makes a difference when shopping using goooogle as your friend for large items such as a new case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom