Fuji X Series

Caporegime
Nice little mini review here guys...

The battery grip looks like a fantastic option to have and I will definitely buy it. There is a lot to be said for having a compact mirrorless that is discreet when you need it, and then can be beefed up into serious DSLR mode as required for big shoots and lenses. :)

PS: I still think that the 11fps is theoretically possible without the grip and that it's an artificial limitation to prevent overheating.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you still on for receiving you body and grip Wednesday (as after today's fiasco with the retailer one of the staff have now told me Friday?)

What fiasco is this ? I'll be receiving the camera and grip on Saturday, not had any communication to state otherwise ( I chose weekend delivery as I'm working on the 8th and 9th anyway ).

Soldato
I'm looking forward to seeing some sample photos from those who are getting one, I want to see what the dynamic range is like.

If it wasn't for a house move next month I'd be ordering one now but I'll have to wait a couple of month now :(

Soldato
What fiasco is this ? I'll be receiving the camera and grip on Saturday, not had any communication to state otherwise ( I chose weekend delivery as I'm working on the 8th and 9th anyway ).

I had received an email on the 4th indicating that I could expect delivery on Wednesday. Paid for it today and contacted them to make corrections so as to not delay the delivery and was told Friday by a young girl at their office.

On purchasing I asked if the appropriate discounts, including credit, had been applied and was told yes only to find I had still been overcharged? I also had to fight my case to prevent a £100.00 deduction from my account with the retailer on what amounted to them reneging and backtracking on a quote they had initially offered. There are a number of other issues such as part of the order being missing until queried and corrected. (They are supposed to be online retailer of the year 2016 but so far my retail experience with them hasn't been very good.)

Last edited:
Associate
I had received an email either yesterday or the day before that I could expect delivery on Wednesday .Paid for it today so as to not delay the delivery and was told Friday. On paying I asked if the appropriate discounts, including credit had been applied and was told yes only to find I had been overcharged. I also had to fight my case to prevent a £100.00 deduction from my account with the retailer on what amounted to them renaging on the amount they had initially offered .

Not sure why they would have stated delivery on Wednesday as the official launch date isn't until Thursday 8th September !

Caporegime
Would be nice ... it's my one remaining wish for the X-series, to have a native wireless radio flash system with HSS and TTL.

Holy crap I didn't realise the Fuji cameras didn't have wireless radios I just thought that the flashes that were being released didn't. I'm actually a little shocked. :(

Associate
Holy crap I didn't realise the Fuji cameras didn't have wireless radios I just thought that the flashes that were being released didn't. I'm actually a little shocked. :(

Nope - the EF-X500 will be optical triggering NOT wireless. So, I won't be getting it even though it will do TTL and HSS. I hardly use TTL anyway, and I think there are better, more powerful and cheaper options for high speed sync.
The good news is that it looks as if third party manufacturers, like Godox, plan to develop products for use with the Fuji X system ... but it will be at least 2017 before we can expect that.

Caporegime
Nope - the EF-X500 will be optical triggering NOT wireless. So, I won't be getting it even though it will do TTL and HSS. I hardly use TTL anyway, and I think there are better, more powerful and cheaper options for high speed sync.
The good news is that it looks as if third party manufacturers, like Godox, plan to develop products for use with the Fuji X system ... but it will be at least 2017 before we can expect that.

The Nissin i60 looks damn decent... http://www.nissindigital.com/i60a.html

Is only they would make the Nissin Air 1 for Fuji... don't think the Nikon one would be compatible https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1127486-REG/nissin_nda1_n_air_1_commander_for.html

I ordered mine yesterday and was told via email I will have it on release day .

I won't have mine for a week or more... :(

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I'd like to know how Wex are allocating stock since I pre ordered in August for the Grip and the body and got told today I was only receiving the body after querying the order by phone?

I haven't even received the email from them explaining they have said they sent advising cameras have had to be sent to some customers without the grip, save holding their orders back until they received more stock?

When I payed for both items a few days ago they sent me an email receipt stating both items were in stock and had been allocated to me? Bit disappointed its arriving without the grip.

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I'd like to know how Wex are allocating stock since I pre ordered in August for the Grip and the body and got told today I was only receiving the body after querying the order by phone?

I haven't even received the email from them explaining they have said they sent advising cameras have had to be sent to some customers without the grip, save holding their orders back until they received more stock?

When I payed for both items a few days ago they sent me an email receipt stating both items were in stock and had been allocated to me? Bit disappointed its arriving without the grip.

You've not really had much luck have you mate, gutted for you!

Back
Top Bottom